Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

M1 Schuleter refurb

Article about: hi steve its looking real nice and to think how it first looked is an amazing transformation ,well done sir

thanks opex
    Regards James

Super Opex i will take you up on this what with Seans input too this should be a success,
    James i also thought bullet or shrapnel the hole is very clean does not look like erosion no cracks either, i have contacted the guy in France to see if he knows any of its history, regarding the finish like i say there no real rust so i could go over the finish as is or take more off, but first the hole will be repaired a job for the father in law who repairs motor body work, this will /should be a doddle for him
    Steve

great stuff steve ,i hope you get a response from the guy you've contacted ,at least now as you go into the weekend you have a better idea on how to tackle this refurbishment
    Regards James

Cheers bud, its my first, liner is on the way but i need straps etc and final insignia its nice to do something you enjoy unlike decorating the house.

?

No worries James

?

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Super Opex i will take you up on this what with Seans input too this should be a success,
    James i also thought bullet or shrapnel the hole is very clean does not look like erosion no cracks either, i have contacted the guy in France to see if he knows any of its history, regarding the finish like i say there no real rust so i could go over the finish as is or take more off, but first the hole will be repaired a job for the father in law who repairs motor body work, this will /should be a doddle for him
    Steve
    Hi Steve, no problem check out your PM for details, I am more than happy to help out with this project anyway I can

Quick update here i managed to get an hour in between painting the bedroom.
    reached the stage where solvent is no use its all hand work now to the bare metal the white/cream paint is a mother and has been there for years the top coat of green came off in 15mins ive also got a close up of the hole it is not corrosion if think the poor bugger got something in the head, so there we are its going to take time.
    M1 Schuleter refurb
    M1 Schuleter refurb

?

Hey Steve! It is looking much better, Stripping stubborn paint is always a task to say the least and by no means an enjoyable one. It is certainly coming along though. That is quite a hole! I wonder how it came to be? I start stripping myself tomorrow, Sighs... I hope the paint on mine is not to stubborn lol. Cheers, Sean.

its comming along really well now steve good to see close ups of the fragmented crown hole and to confirm its not due to corrosion ,so far ive been lucky to not be asked to do DIY but there's still time
    Regards James

Cheers bud, its a labour of love i suppose, good luck with yours when this M1 is done i have another project, and again a hole in the head
    M1 Schuleter refurb
    M1 Schuleter refurb

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast