Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

M1 Schuleter refurb

Article about: hi steve its looking real nice and to think how it first looked is an amazing transformation ,well done sir

hi steve its looking real nice and to think how it first looked is an amazing transformation ,well done sir
    Regards James

Thanks Jake, i could have messed around a little more but for now given the first picture in the thread it will do me fine,
    i will start the liner which should not be to much a little work here and there with the webbing i do need a sweatband and decent chinstrap which should complement the shell.

Thanks James, my first one no doubt it will not be the last, i just people realise that something can be done with old pots its easy to pay big bucks for one done or minty originals but it feels good to know you have done one yourself thanks to all the input here.
    1171 hits to date amazing.

Well Steve I was trying to help you out by cutting a large Dennison type net thinking it would cover two Helmets but yep I cocked up now being too short,have a look if your interested PM me if not no probs............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Schuleter refurb   M1 Schuleter refurb  

M1 Schuleter refurb  

Ah Jake bless you bud, i am going to leave this one net free, the other one i have i will use the net its on another thread titled another salty m1 i think you have seen it, that one will be the one for the net,decal etc
    Steve

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Cheers bud, its a labour of love i suppose, good luck with yours when this M1 is done i have another project, and again a hole in the head
    Attachment 694116
    Attachment 694117
    If it were me, I would leave it as is. The fact that the decal is partly visible makes it 10 times cooler in my opinion. maybe you could put a relic liner in it, make it a rustoration. but it is yours and you should do what you want with it. it is a cool lid though.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Ah Jake bless you bud, i am going to leave this one net free, the other one i have i will use the net its on another thread titled another salty m1 i think you have seen it, that one will be the one for the net,decal etc
    Steve
    No worries mate,I wouldn't want it either to be totally honest,no good having second best if it doesn't sit right.............

Cheers bud, i tried my net and it pretty much smothered what i had done it was also kind of a loose fit, i have heard some folk say fit it inside the lid others inside the liner, talking of which time to dig that out now and make a start.
    Warbuff regards the German lid i may well leave it and it will have its own thread where i will put up better pics etc.

Ok guys liner time, two real old knackered jobbies here but cheap enough.
    first a Westinghouse i believe, tatty webbing chipped edges and what looks like dried blood
    M1 Schuleter refurb
    M1 Schuleter refurb
    M1 Schuleter refurb
    M1 Schuleter refurb
    M1 Schuleter refurb
    Second what i believe to be a Capac/Westinghouse 51/52 liner a little better condition but not the period i wanted
    M1 Schuleter refurb
    M1 Schuleter refurb
    M1 Schuleter refurb
    M1 Schuleter refurb
    At the moment two naff straps one im told original but snapped in three places, some tlc needed there, and what looks like a cheap repro. all thought comments welcome and thanked, not half as much as the pot to do , oh also need to source a sweatband.

?

Great looking liners Steve, what is that interesting circle on the front of the Capac???

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast