Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

M1 Schuleter refurb

Article about: hi steve its looking real nice and to think how it first looked is an amazing transformation ,well done sir

No idea mate, i can get a better picture though, being post war it does not bother me to much.

?

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    No idea mate, i can get a better picture though, being post war it does not bother me to much.
    That would be good I would be interested to see some close up shot's as I have never seen any thing like that before, and being post war really does not matter, there is not a great deal of difference at the end of the day

No worries i will shoot some up tomorrow, just looks like two round circles maybe someone stuck a transfer to it.

?

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    No worries i will shoot some up tomorrow, just looks like two round circles maybe someone stuck a transfer to it.
    Great that would be good buddy, maybe your right I was thinking of some sort of sticker/decal so that could be it

Steve that bottom chinstrap is from a modern production line or Euro-clone Helmet,the top one is fine............p.s are you removing the paint on the KW Capac liner?as its been repainted over sometime in its service life.............

Never thought about it Jake, its not the one i want to use for this shell but hey why not, now is stripping the liner the same process,
    i knew that bottom strap is pants the top one is so fragile if i get it on its staying there, are sweatbands any easier to pick up.

Yes there easy but the price will cost more than the shellso even though getting the shell and liner wasn't too difficult the internal liner parts are where the money's gonna go,unless you go for repro?an original mid-war chinstrap can reach over £100 plus a sweatband will command at least £50 so what to do,personally I would have gone for a late war liner in rough condition but with all parts presents,its hard to come this far only to be floored by the small parts,need to have a serious think on what direction to move in.its SOFMILITARY i've had a couple off them,thick leather and hard wearing.
    Attached Images Attached Images M1 Schuleter refurb 

Here's one of them on a previously shown Helmet..........
    Attached Images Attached Images M1 Schuleter refurb 

Cheers bud it displays well doesnt it, for the other shell maybe but for this i want original i may have to wait and bide my time or even spend a few hours with the broken one i have but like you say to come this far it would be a crime. i check auction sites most days because you never know, ps where did you get the stand from
    Steve

candlestick holder simple as that with top reshaped and paint primer grey.........charity shop.......

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast