Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M1 shell any ideas thanks.

Article about: i found this m1 shell at a junk store today and was not much so i piced it up. i would just like to ask if any one is able to give me a idea of the paint and if its post war or reissue to a

Default M1 shell any ideas thanks.

i found this m1 shell at a junk store today and was not much so i piced it up.
    i would just like to ask if any one is able to give me a idea of the paint and if its post war or reissue to a foreign force thanks.
    To me the shell is more light in color.
    im shore its front seamed with a steel rim. and the swivel bales have only two spot wields , not one in the middle.
    the heat stamp from what i can make out is 1120E. but you still can see the net meshed into the paint or just rusted in the lid.thanks mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 shell any ideas thanks.   M1 shell any ideas thanks.  

M1 shell any ideas thanks.   M1 shell any ideas thanks.  

M1 shell any ideas thanks.   M1 shell any ideas thanks.  

M1 shell any ideas thanks.  

Default Re: M1 shell any ideas thanks.

Hey there, i have a similar M1 with a tanish colour paint which was re-issued to a middle eastern country. Here is a link for it: M1 Paint Nice helmet!

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Hey there, i have a similar M1 with a tanish colour paint which was re-issued to a middle eastern country. Here is a link for it: M1 Paint Nice helmet!
    ok thanks edelweiss that shell of yours seems to have the same texture.

could be a iraq issue m1 but ww2 US made lid.

Quote by geelong View Post
    could be a iraq issue m1 but ww2 US made lid.
    Possibly, i think someone uploaded some images of it in use on my thread. I also think the ageing shows its been in a hot and dry environment

Edit: Just realised where you are from so that was a silly thing to say

Looks like front seam with a magnesium rim.
    If it were stainless it would be shiny and not rusty.

Israel was issued helmets from France-Great Britain and the US,before copying and producing there own M1 version,this is mostly one of the early ones supplied,hence why its an original McCord,one of the last front seamed versions,produced around november 1944.............Jake.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Israel was issued helmets from France-Great Britain and the US,before copying and producing there own M1 version,this is mostly one of the early ones supplied,hence why its an original McCord,one of the last front seamed versions,produced around november 1944.............Jake.
    ok thanks ruddersranger i had a israel m1. it had 3 bales with one at the back i got rid of it a little while ago really kicking my self now. but this adds i think to the history of the m1 helmet then.