Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 steel helmet chronological order

Article about: Hello and a good evening. I need some help with M1 helmet. I tried to find the lotnumber 126 E but did not find it in the chart. Is it a WW2 period helmet or post war because of the rear sea

Default M1 steel helmet chronological order

Hello and a good evening.
    I need some help with M1 helmet. I tried to find the lotnumber 126 E but did not find it in the chart. Is it a WW2 period helmet or post war because of the rear seam?
    Thank you in advance.
    Thomas

M1 steel helmet  chronological orderM1 steel helmet  chronological orderM1 steel helmet  chronological orderM1 steel helmet  chronological orderM1 steel helmet  chronological orderM1 steel helmet  chronological orderM1 steel helmet  chronological orderM1 steel helmet  chronological orderM1 steel helmet  chronological orderM1 steel helmet  chronological order

I believe this must be a Euro clone but I do not know what country, The liner is post war if for US but I think the liner is also a clone. Other more experienced Helmet folks will be along to comment.
    John

That M1 Has an extra number next to the six, because it must be lightly stamped that’s why you only see 126. If it was 126 E it would date to early 1942, and yours is a rear seam manganese steel rim so it would be late war. And you have a good chance of the lid being a ww2 manufacture since the latest heat stamp is in the 1300s for McCord, and around really late 500’s for schlueter, so if you can try to find an S under the 126?E. But it would still most likely be a McCord since schlueters with heat stamps of 126 would most likely by front seam fixed Bale with stainless steel rims.

And I agree with rescue as the liner does look like a post war Korean/ Vietnam war liner

The helmet was made in 1945 and is a US M1 helmet
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

The shape looks like a Schlueter
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

The digit between the 6 and the E is invisible>ww2 rear seamed McCord shell.produced last months of ww2.

The helmet shell is a Schlueter WW2 production.

The Liner is a belgian clone. The sweatband is from belgian or french production.

IMO the helmet was used in Belgium after WW2.