Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Swivel bale

Article about: Hi fellow Collectors, here is a nice salty M1 from my collection, the shell is stamped 341C and has a lovely patina, the liner is a Capac which interestingly the numbers below are in reverse

?

Default M1 Swivel bale

Hi fellow Collectors, here is a nice salty M1 from my collection, the shell is stamped 341C and has a lovely patina, the liner is a Capac which interestingly the numbers below are in reverse though I don't know why, as you can see from the pictures provided the liner is in a bit a semi-relic state and is missing most of the paint finish and some webbing, but I like this aspect as it shows it's age nicely, otherwise a standard piece which I hope you enjoy looking at, please feel free to comment, and thanks for looking,Regards Opex.

M1  Swivel bale
    M1  Swivel bale
    M1  Swivel bale
    M1  Swivel bale
    M1  Swivel bale
    M1  Swivel bale
    M1  Swivel bale
    M1  Swivel bale
    M1  Swivel bale
    M1  Swivel bale
    M1  Swivel bale

Again I have some issues regarding the Bales and chinstrap!!!!!!the shell and liner totally original and i like them looking this way,just dont get a good vibe off this,sorry for sounding so negative about your pieces...............

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Again I have some issues regarding the Bales and chinstrap!!!!!!the shell and liner totally original and i like them looking this way,just dont get a good vibe off this,sorry for sounding so negative about your pieces...............

Hi Jake, again no problem.

I have previously shown this helmet on another site, and was informed that this one was originally a fixed bale,due to the dimple on the rim between the bale fixtures, the chinstraps appear to be original to the shell, as they have the bar tack stitching and have not been tampered with.

Thanks for looking and for your opinion again,much appreciated

Think your right bout the chinstraps being original to the helmet,obviously a late war Bale conversion as the metal is steel as opposed to stainless,strange how these flat brass buckles are meant to be plain brass but always look coated while the late war type which are meant to be blackened brass always look more like painted steel/alloy...............

?

Thanks Jake, the whole chinstrap aspect totally confuses me, and I have many M1 reference books too