Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1 usmc? camo cover

Article about: Hello folks! I recently pulled the trigger on this helmet for \\$57 and i wanted to know if i had an okay deal. Now, what kind of intrigued me was that this helmet has a ww2? cover on it and a

?

Default M1 usmc? camo cover

Hello folks! I recently pulled the trigger on this helmet for $57 and i wanted to know if i had an okay deal. Now, what kind of intrigued me was that this helmet has a ww2? cover on it and an obvious ww2 liner but postwar nape and chinstrap and probably pot too but i figure the liner was worth what i paid so i went for it! repo cover? could you even tell with these pics? not sure... i did ask for more pictures
    M1 usmc? camo coverM1 usmc? camo coverM1 usmc? camo coverM1 usmc? camo cover

?

Repro
    Regards,
    John

?

thanks! i guess it'll be a nice display item.

?

Your welcome.

At the price you paid you didn't get hurt and like you say, it will look good on your shelf.
    Regards,
    John

?

57 seems high when for about 100 you can pick a postwar cover up

?

Decent condition post war frog skin covers are going for well better than a hundred. Anyway, lets try to offer some encouragement, he has a helmet and liner to study as well as a imitation cover for comparison. IMO a fifty seven dollar investment in helmet education.
    Regards,
    John

well you got a ww2 liner with post war nap and sweat band, and bye the look of the chin straps on the shell late 70s 80s . but the shell could be earlier. for $57 not bad i think. the repro cover on it, i think go for about 20 odd. just need to get a woodland cover. to replace the one on it.

?

The helmet has landed! It turned out to be a front seam Schlueter! Now I know that the cover is a repo but looking at the texture of this helmet, i decided to take off the two layers of crap and revealed what looks like WW2 textured paint? I could be wrong but i'm not sure...School me, guys!
    M1 usmc? camo coverM1 usmc? camo coverM1 usmc? camo coverM1 usmc? camo cover
    I compared it to my other helmet in these two pics.
    M1 usmc? camo coverM1 usmc? camo cover

?

okay...defintely not ww2 texture/paint.

?

Looks like 50s style paint, the nape and the liner band are Korean war era replacements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast