Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M1 - Vietnam Era?

Article about: I've had this one since I was a kid (pre 80's most likely). Used to play in the backyard with it. My Dad picked up (somewhere) for next to nothing. Been bugging me as to what I have. So dug

?

Very nice original looking M1-C, as Jake already stated the liner is a Marmac, I believe your cover is 1968 as I have with the same NSN

MAP
    ?

Excellent List Rene. Thanks!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Opex View Post
    Very nice original looking M1-C, as Jake already stated the liner is a Marmac, I believe your cover is 1968 as I have with the same NSN
    Thanks! And to think that this was heavily played with as a kid.....wonder how much WWII stuff had the same experience.......

Does your cover have the same contract number (7219?) Per Rene's list and Jakes explaination, this would indicate a 1965 manufacture...Still learning this stuff so maybe I'm miss-reading the info.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

All gotta learn Michael,just takes a long time thats all.the 5000 contracts date to early 1964 while the 9000 date to late 1966 and early 1967.........so 7000 which is midway would be around mid to late 1965............

many thanks to all for clearing up my question ,we live and learnand also a thanks to michael for sharing his fine example
    Regards James

James its I that needs to learn,your knowledge across the whole world steel helmet section is incredible,and I for one would be lost without members like yourself,my area is much smaller than yours...........

gosh thanks jake M1 - Vietnam Era?
    Regards James

Aik
    ?

Good M1 clear vietnam era. The cover is mid vietnam era
    Last edited by Aik; 08-29-2014 at 12:20 PM. Reason: forgot something

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2