Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 From Vietnam... really?

Article about: Hi, Annoyed from this ads?   I can buy this M1... the seller say it is orginal from Vie Nam war. What do you think?

Default M1 From Vietnam... really?

Hi,
    I can buy this M1... the seller say it is orginal from Vie Nam war. What do you think?

Thank you in advanced

partisan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 From Vietnam... really?   M1 From Vietnam... really?  

M1 From Vietnam... really?   M1 From Vietnam... really?  

M1 From Vietnam... really?  

I don't think so...this lid doesn't show much wear...
    The graffitis look to new.

Alex

Looks ok, but usually said as 'Vietnam Era".........
    Regards,

Steve.

Helmet looks right for the era if that's a original early war od cover they are harder to find than the cammoed ones I can remember in 1971 we had to turn in all the early OD type covers for exchange for the cammoed oak leaf type ones. Low dome on the shell is a indicator I am told of post war one as opposed to higher dome on WW2 M-1's. I don't collect them so others hopefully will weigh in. timothy

Looks like a veteran remembrance lid to me!

Never buy the story only the evidence,Im not sure how available Nam era Helmets are in Italy but look around for a much better example,these early advisor olive covers were not used widespread,and most period images usually always show the Mitchell Reversible type,another fact is that many GI's frowned upon de-facing there Mitchells and the one's that did usually only put girl friends names or an address etc,this writing has no real meaning what so ever,just been added to look the part and ruin a perfectly good original field issued piece of Head gear,the liners rusty and the shell doesn't make me smile,just pass and try for a better one,without the writing if possible.

No, nope, uh-uh.