Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmet

Article about: sorry some of the pics are blurry but here it is and if u want more pic just tell me :} sorry couldent manage to get a clear pic of the writing on camo but it says COVER, HELMET CAMOFLAGE CO

Cool M1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmet

M1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmetM1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmetM1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmetM1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmetM1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmetM1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmetM1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmetM1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmetM1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmetM1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmetM1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmetM1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmetM1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmetM1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmetM1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmetM1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmetsorry some of the pics are blurry but here it is and if u want more pic just tell me :} sorry couldent manage to get a clear pic of the writing on camo but it says COVER, HELMET CAMOFLAGE CONTRACT No. DSA100 70 C 0822 E S N 8415-261-6833 and next to all that i just typed it has 18 that has been stamped. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Woodstock; 04-19-2012 at 10:32 AM.

?

Default Re: M1 wondering if any body can tell me more about the helmet

Vietnam Era Paratroopers liner, nape strap dated 1969, Michell Liner, also Nam' era, along with the camo band. Pictures of the steel shell would be nice, and a clear photo of the text on the inside of the cover. I think that style of liner was made between the 50's and early 60's, not sure however.

Nitram

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Vietnam Era Paratroopers liner, nape strap dated 1969, Michell Liner, also Nam' era, along with the camo band. Pictures of the steel shell would be nice, and a clear photo of the text on the inside of the cover. I think that style of liner was made between the 50's and early 60's, not sure however.

Nitram
    ok thanks ill make sure that ill upload more pics soon

Nitram is right on the money, Vietnam era lid with Mitchell cover. Very nice!

Jason

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    Nitram is right on the money, Vietnam era lid with Mitchell cover. Very nice!

Jason
    Thanks!

?

Few more things you might want to check; The heat stamp in the front dome of the helmet, on the inside. Should be some numbers, possibly a letter (just to confirm the shell is not WWII, possibly a Schlueter if it has a large S stamp near the heat stamp); and the seam on the rim of the helmet, is it at the front or rear? Rear I'd imagine, since the rim doesn't look to be stainless steel.

Fine complete M1 by the way, thanks for sharing.

Nitram

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Few more things you might want to check; The heat stamp in the front dome of the helmet, on the inside. Should be some numbers, possibly a letter (just to confirm the shell is not WWII, possibly a Schlueter if it has a large S stamp near the heat stamp); and the seam on the rim of the helmet, is it at the front or rear? Rear I'd imagine, since the rim doesn't look to be stainless steel.

Fine complete M1 by the way, thanks for sharing.

Nitram
    Thank you! i have checked the dome theres nothing to my eyes but there is some sort of stamp to the right on the liner and i have checked the seam on the rim and it is to the rear.