Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M1 WW2 Liner made used for MP

Article about: Hello I bought this very intresting M1 MP liner last week on the Ebay kleinanzeigen for very little money and today it was delivered It was made by the Inland Manufacturing Division and is c

Default M1 WW2 Liner made used for MP

Hello
    I bought this very intresting M1 MP liner last week on the Ebay kleinanzeigen for very little money and today it was delivered
    It was made by the Inland Manufacturing Division and is complete with chinstrap and band
    Badly it is not in the best conditon but it is a complete original liner with chinstrap
    The MP overpaint looks very good to me but I am dont know what it was done
    I am thankful for all ideas to this helmet liner
    I hope you enjoy it

Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 WW2 Liner made used for MP   M1 WW2 Liner made used for MP  

M1 WW2 Liner made used for MP   M1 WW2 Liner made used for MP  

Nice salty liner, Inland is one of the harder to find liners. Not sure as to when the MP was added, you can see wear on the eyelet but almost impossible to put a time frame on it. Maybe, post war or Korean era. The chinstrap looks to be a green buckle strap which is a plus.

One negative for me is the freshness of the MP compared to the inside of the liner, which lends the possibility of added it to increase the price.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks for the comment
    My theory to the MP refurbishment is that it was painted in the 50s years after WW2 for usage in Germany
    I bought the liner for 40€ includes delivery and package
    Thats for a M1 liner extremly cheap
    it is always a surprise when a liner comes and I look for what it is for a manufacturer
    I bought my seaman paper I posted for 30 € with postwar shell and sold the shell again for 35 € so for free
    I had one year ago 5 shells but no liner and yet 2 WW2 liners and no Shell
    Best regards
    Bavarian

I agree about when the MP legend was added, but the strap looks good and original. The outer shade of green does look fairly dark, more Korean era than WW2, but it was probably reissued. I like it as well, good for that price.