Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M1c helmet of dewey c. Simpson special forces vietnam

Article about: The inside of the steel M1C pot is the name of "Dewey C. Simpson". With some research I was able to find Dewey's wife on Facebook. She had posted photos of Dewey in full uniform. A

Default M1c helmet of dewey c. Simpson special forces vietnam

The inside of the steel M1C pot is the name of "Dewey C. Simpson".
    With some research I was able to find Dewey's wife on Facebook.
    She had posted photos of Dewey in full uniform.
    Also at some point on the Special Forces Facebook page, she responded to a post about President Kennedy visiting Fort Bragg in 1961. She posts and tells them that Dewey remembers being in the group that did the repelling demonstration for the President.
    Dewey and his wife live in North Carolina.
    Take a look at the pic from Facebook and pay particular attention to his medals.
    He is a decorated hero.

- - ------- - -

On Facebook a guy posted this:

U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School .

·
    On Oct. 12, 1961, President John F. Kennedy visited Fort Bragg, and while there, laid to rest a controversy that had been waging on the post for quite some time - whether or not Special Forces Soldiers could wear their Green Berets. Taking a bit of a risk with his career, Col. William Yarborough, the commander of the Special Warfare Center, had his men turn out in formation wearing their Green Berets.
    President Kennedy commented to Yarborough: "Those are nice. How do you like the Green Beret?"
    Yarborough responded: "They're fine, Sir. We've wanted them a long time."
    Shortly there after, a telegram came to Yarborough from the White House:
    "My congratulations to you personally for your part in the presentation today... The challenge of this old, but new form of operations is a real one, and I know that you and the members of your command will carry on for us and the free world in a manner which is both worthy and inspiring. I am sure that the Green Beret will be a mark of distinction in the trying times ahead."
    On April 11, 1962, Kennedy again showed his support for Special Forces in a letter (seen below): "The Green Beret is again becoming a symbol of excllence, a badge of courage, a mark of distinction in the fight for freedom."

Simpson's wife posted:
    ***************-Simpson My husband ,CSM Dewey C. Simpson was in the group that did the demonstration for President Kennedy. He repeled off the top of the old Womack army hospital as part of the demonstration.He remembers it well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1c helmet of dewey c. Simpson special forces vietnam   M1c helmet of dewey c. Simpson special forces vietnam  

M1c helmet of dewey c. Simpson special forces vietnam   M1c helmet of dewey c. Simpson special forces vietnam  

M1c helmet of dewey c. Simpson special forces vietnam   M1c helmet of dewey c. Simpson special forces vietnam  

More about Simpson rescuing a snake while in Vietnam.

http://files.naturalsciences.org/George.pdf

Here is the story.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1c helmet of dewey c. Simpson special forces vietnam   M1c helmet of dewey c. Simpson special forces vietnam  

MAP
    ?

Did he have an interest in having his helmet back?

The ONLY major problem I see with this post are the Philly pictures........
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

You wouldnt have said that back in 2008 (Phillies pictures)

I was never able to contact him.
    It is kind of weird calling someone out of the blue that you dont even know.
    Maybe I should try it.

MAP
    ?

2000, 2008, 2015, 2020...doesn't make a difference..... Well at least it's not the red sox
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

+1