Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

M1C Vietnam era helmet

Article about: Here I have a Vietnam era M1C. The steel helmet is a rear seam, swivel bale and is what I believe to be a McCord manufactured helmet. I can only make out two numbers (69) and possibly the le

Default M1C Vietnam era helmet

Here I have a Vietnam era M1C. The steel helmet is a rear seam, swivel bale and is what I believe to be a McCord manufactured helmet. I can only make out two numbers (69) and possibly the letter M before it but it is very difficult to tell. The helmet also has a light OD paint with a sand finish. The liner is a Marmac made liner with the mold in mark of M 16. Marmac were awarded a contract in 1964 to produce these type II liners up until 1970 and produced around 30,240 units. The liner is dated 31 MAY 1967 with a 67 dated headband and a 69 dated nape strap. The liner is made of nylon and contains some nice interesting colours of green and orange. Please feel free to add or comment on this helmet and thanks for looking guys.
    Jake I have finally found a para liner that is not a 67 dated Firestone but still looking for the elusive earlier models
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1C Vietnam era helmet   M1C Vietnam era helmet  

M1C Vietnam era helmet   M1C Vietnam era helmet  

M1C Vietnam era helmet  
    Last edited by Redstalker; 11-19-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Thats a great set Ian,if thats a 65 McCord then certainly a rare bird as it was there final contract and connection to the US military,usually Ingersoll but hardly McCords ever show up,nice to see a Marmac instead of Firestone,all looks to have a nice even wear and age to all parts,luv it bud.

Thanks Jake. Just wondering about what you were saying about it being a 65 McCord. Would it have had the M prefix before the number like the Korean War period Mccord's? What would the heat stamp numbers on these lids be?

MAP
    ?

Great looking helmet. I love the look of the Vietnam era covers
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The M prefix was the same as the 51 types except this final contract would be the shallow dome type shell which all production followed from 65 onwards.