Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M2 Dbale

Article about: Hello guys,Looking for some opinions regarding the shell and liner - especially dating the production period. Also interested in units being issued those helmets and how late after WW2. Thos

Default M2 Dbale

Hello guys,Looking for some opinions regarding the shell and liner - especially dating the production period. Also interested in units being issued those helmets and how late after WW2. Those are the only photos at the moment. Thanks
    M2 Dbale
    M2 Dbale
    M2 Dbale
    M2 Dbale
    M2 Dbale
    M2 Dbale

I pass comment except without serious provenance,i would be very sceptical at best.unless found in a Normandy barn/farm these rarely show up according to some experts they simply don't exist,i'll leave others to chime in on this thread.

Stay away from this one its not real.
    Its not a real westy airborne liner which means the shell is probably bogus as well even from those pictures.
    Real ones cost thousands.
    Rod

thanks for replys when i back to home I will post better photos its cost me 100usd so if liner is korea one its not bad

Apart from the dodgy Westy mold stamp,i've never seen a US made Liner sit so badly inside a US shell which based on the above said by Rod this is more likely a Euro conversion Liner which in turn means the whole rig is a complete pile of fake rubbish,originals cost $7000 upwards.

$100 at least you never got robbed. glad it wasn't thousands.
    It could be a late war liner but the stamp does look a bit dodgy, the main things that stuck out for me is the fact that it has no female snaps fitted to it, plus the "A" frames are not American war time or post war time made. the leather chin strap looks to be from a euro clone. And I don't know what's going on with the sweat band.
    The pot is front seam so normally that would point to American made but the chin strap to me does not have the correct weave.
    At least it will be not a bad display piece.
    Rod

So here go,A washer rivots non US added to the fact liner doesn't sit correctly in shell and with a dodgy Westy mold stamp and Non US sweatband and Nape all point to a Euro-Liner conversion,original US WW2 Shell converted from swivel to D looped,great eye candy for reenactment but nothing more,also leather chinstrap is original to the liner meaning that too is non US produced,and the 9 row weave OD3 chinstraps look off as well so most likely of the same source as all the above.

Thanks ruddersrangers44 for u information

Too be honest the Westy mold stamp looks ok however as i've already mentioned,the rest of the liner is off at best,the leather chinstrap is exceptionally dark for ww2 production,generally a more russet brown.the M2 started life in 1942 and was coupled with Hawley/Inland/St Clair Airborne conversion Liners done by McCords,these first M2's went to the 82nd as the 101st were not at this stage created,if thats the right word.some M2's did find there way across to the 101st with transfers etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast