Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M3 Flak Helmet For Review

Article about: I went to a local antique shop that has a rather large militaria section. Photos of the shop: I walked out with this M3 FLAK helmet for \\$150. I figure with the upcoming miniseries on the 8th

Default Re: M3 Flak Helmet For Review

Now you got to get the 2 other ones.
    chris
    M3 Flak Helmet For Review

?

Joe nice lid .

How I saw some WWI uniforms on that rack. How are the prices on those, did you look?

?

For the Chicagoans here, the closest actual military store is in west allis WI. Just west of Milwaukee, i've never been there but it looks decent from what i saw at the SOS and at the rockford reenactment. Here is the link to their shop militarycollectorsmain
    Ryan

Nice one... But US militaria is not my field. Nice thinking about the miniseries though... After i saw Band of Brothers when i was a little boy i run and bought an original Screaming Eagle patch!

Quote by helmetone View Post
    How I saw some WWI uniforms on that rack. How are the prices on those, did you look?
    In general, things in the shop were overpriced, but a few items were priced to sell. Only a few of the WWI uniforms had prices listed... $200-400, the others had some sort of code on the price tag but no actual dollar amount. I do remember seeing a WWI AirCorp uniform for $350.

Ahh, bummer. Those uniforms are slowly going up in price. $350 for an air corps uniform? Hmmmm I'd like to see that one. Pilot? They usually aren't that cheap.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Ahh, bummer. Those uniforms are slowly going up in price. $350 for an air corps uniform? Hmmmm I'd like to see that one. Pilot? They usually aren't that cheap.
    I'm not well versed in WWI uniforms yet... I remember the tunic was made of a different kind of fabric... Almost like a canvas instead of wool. The uniform also had a propeller collar dog.

Yesterday I purchased the M3 helmet, this Luftwaffe breast eagle and a 1939 dated K98 ammo pouch... All for $200.

M3 Flak Helmet For ReviewM3 Flak Helmet For Review

Quote by Ryan B View Post
    For the Chicagoans here, the closest actual military store is in west allis WI. Just west of Milwaukee, i've never been there but it looks decent from what i saw at the SOS and at the rockford reenactment. Here is the link to their shop militarycollectorsmain
    Ryan
    Thank you Ryan
    But I do not see anything for sell.
    chris

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast