Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

McCord Fixed Bale with St Clair low pressure Liner.

Article about: Nice Mcord shell with some oil spots and storage marks but had seen little use,paint and cork almost 100%,chinstraps like new. St Clair Liner 1st pattern with Rayon,but missing chinstrap,unp

Default McCord Fixed Bale with St Clair low pressure Liner.

Nice Mcord shell with some oil spots and storage marks but had seen little use,paint and cork almost 100%,chinstraps like new.
    St Clair Liner 1st pattern with Rayon,but missing chinstrap,unpainted on the inside dating it around june-september 42,hope you like this one,low pressure liners don't keep well over 70 plus years so to find one like this in the condition and retaining its smooth dark paint was worth the gamble,as these never rarely appear in the UK,thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ruddersrangers44; 05-06-2015 at 10:48 PM.

?

Nice helmet with a hard to find early liner.

Thanks Steve,my work is endless,still plenty of variations to seek out,will the bug ever demise..........

Super Jake,, what type of chin straps did that model have.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Super Jake,, what type of chin straps did that model have.
    Hi steve,they had the permanent fixed type,same as the Hawley Rayon Liners,thanks for dropping by............

Ah right, i always check in bud,, i have my three m1`s now that i am happy with but always happy to great examples like yours
    Steve

Sorry should have said all Rayon 1st pattern Liners with rectangle steel washers all had permanent fixed chinstraps with slider steel buckle,it was on the 2nd pattern/generation when the nipples were added for the removable types.

Update,added this superb two tone Canadian been there look net sent very kindly by Mark k,cheers bud it looks great and adds a little something extra,these nets appear much coarser than our Brit versions,the weave is awesome,hope you guys like it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture McCord Fixed Bale with St Clair low pressure Liner.   McCord Fixed Bale with St Clair low pressure Liner.  

McCord Fixed Bale with St Clair low pressure Liner.   McCord Fixed Bale with St Clair low pressure Liner.  

McCord Fixed Bale with St Clair low pressure Liner.   McCord Fixed Bale with St Clair low pressure Liner.  

?

Hi Jake first off looks to be a cracker of an M-1 and I for one would like to see a couple of shots minus the net I have a couple of Canadian Mk II's in my collection that as well has been stained with oil and or grease as it has soaked in to the paint and has left the exterior stained .
    IMO this only adds to the appearance of the two in my collection as they show definate signs of being field worn such as this 1942 C.L./C. that has been overpainted in a desert tan.
    Some of the reader may be scratching there head as to why you would mount a Canadian two tone camo net to your US M-1 there is good period evidence in the form of images that supports that these nets were indeed adopted and used during WW II and post war alike by the Canadian Army and applied to the US M-1 I have seen a picture some were of the FSSF with Canadian two tones on there M-1's some were as well I will try and scrounge it up.
    Here are a couple of period images I have on file the first one is Infantrymen of the 13th Infantry Brigade Group aboard a landing craft taking part in Operation COTTAGE, the invasion of Kiska, Aleutian Islands, August 1943.
    One of my favorite images of a Canadian officer and soldier of 13-CIB wearing US M-1 Helmets adorned with Canadian two tone camo nets,Canadian Battledress and US Webbing while training for Kiska in British Columbia in July of 1943.
    I strongly suspect this image was taken in my home town of the City of Nanaimo .
    Regards Mark

Here's the original sellers pics,this came from Grant(circa41),note some changes to the Liner!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture McCord Fixed Bale with St Clair low pressure Liner.   McCord Fixed Bale with St Clair low pressure Liner.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast