Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

medic helmet

Article about: Ok I need help, good or bad please tell me. I bought this medic helmet off ebay. I know I should have posted here first . Heat stamp of i2525 which puts the helmet to the end of 45 to first

Default medic helmet

Ok I need help, good or bad please tell me. I bought this medic helmet off ebay. I know I should have posted here first . Heat stamp of i2525 which puts the helmet to the end of 45 to first of 46 I think. Has been repainted over old paint lose.The color is right for ww2 era. The medic symbols I feel were put on at that time, also over paint lose. The helmet looks good in hand. The paint lose on the crosses may be due to poor storage. May have been painted and not reissued? Korean war issue? Tell me what you think. And what does the stenciling mean? Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture medic helmet   medic helmet  

medic helmet   medic helmet  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Any thought?

Bump

You only posted it a few hours ago, gotta give the chaps some time to see it and comment
    I don't like it. Paint looks all too new.

That white doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies..

Jan
    ?

The decal seems at least to have been repainted in quite an amateurish way. Never seen text like REP (for repaint?)... looks like the overpainting of the red cross has been made quite recently actually. The tape marks show up disturbingly well. The shell looks good in itself but for beeing an original medic helmet this one certainly raises doubts. I have a couple of original "been there" red cross items and I would agree with the white too looking too white here.

Thanks for sharing!

Best,

Jan

More pictures, it's overcast here still poor lighting. Thanks for looking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture medic helmet   medic helmet  

medic helmet  

Never mind the paintwork lets see that illegal heatstamp?no such wartime production stamp,if its a 1 and not an I in front then its a case of o' dear......

Best I could do on the heat stamp without standing on my head. It's upside down

More

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast