Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Mi Fixed Bale 2nd ID Combat Vet

Article about: I haven't posted in this subsection for a while. This morning pulled out the 2nd ID helmets from storage and thought it was time to post this one. This is a front seam fixed bale shell with

Default Mi Fixed Bale 2nd ID Combat Vet

I haven't posted in this subsection for a while. This morning pulled out the 2nd ID helmets from storage and thought it was time to post this one. This is a front seam fixed bale shell with a period applied Indian Head decal, and a horizontal NCO "Follow Me" stripe painted on the rear. The paper decal has a lot of wear, and the head dress on it is completely faded away, but to me it is a one look original. The liner is likewise adorned with both a 2nd ID decal and an NCO stripe. I would like to say that the 2 pieces have always been together, but unfortunately, I cannot. The shell was a Christmas gift from my wife at least 15 years ago. A friend of mine had it in his collection for many years, and knew how much I coveted it. My wife called him one year and asked if he had anything for sale that she could buy for me for Christmas. He was kind enough to let this one go. The unmarked liner in it was WWII vintage, but not original to the piece. About 5 years ago this liner popped up on ebay, and I was lucky enough to win the auction. Under the circumstances I saw no reason not to "marry" the pieces, and I think they do go together well. It is a nice bookend to the netted/painted 2nd ID lid that is the centerpiece of my collection. Hope you like it. Jim G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mi Fixed Bale 2nd ID Combat Vet   Mi Fixed Bale 2nd ID Combat Vet  

Mi Fixed Bale 2nd ID Combat Vet   Mi Fixed Bale 2nd ID Combat Vet  

Mi Fixed Bale 2nd ID Combat Vet  

Default Re: Mi Fixed Bale 2nd ID Combat Vet

very lucky to have found a liner to match you shell. when you say the liner is not marked you mean that theres no maker stamp in the dome. and with the name in the shell. have you had any luck on findind any infomation on the name and number. this is nice helmet and liner. i like that you have the net to.

Quote by geelong View Post
    very lucky to have found a liner to match you shell. when you say the liner is not marked you mean that theres no maker stamp in the dome. and with the name in the shell. have you had any luck on findind any infomation on the name and number. this is nice helmet and liner. i like that you have the net to.

The last picture is not the same helmet, the Indian Head on that one is PAINTED, and the net is original to it. I have 6 2nd ID M1's, these 2 are the best of the lot. Glad you like it, Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 07-31-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Super helmets Jim.
    chris

nice pieces

6 2nd ID m1s that a nice collection in it its self. the last m1 is nice to i dident pick up on that it was different. i did look close at the first two decals but not that one. but they look good helmet2lid. i like them a lot.

?

Very nice Lids Jim. Thanks for posting them for us. I really love the look of the last one..... can see why its the centerpiece!