Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mid 80's M1 example

Article about: Hi Fellow M1 collectors, whilst this M1 is not rare or a particularly unusual model, I do feel it is a classic 80's example,and as a result thought you might like to have a look at it to aid

?

Quote by cammobunker View Post
    Yep wore one just like this in the early 80's but, believe it or not we were still using ERDL and the occasional Mitchell covers. The Marines never threw anything away back then. In 1985 I was issued a 68 dated poncho liner and an M16A1 made by Hydra-Matic, and both were new. I still have the poncho liner.
    Many thanks for your comments , I am surprised by the issue of outdated equipment, but it makes perfect sense and truly semper fi

Nice 80s lid. I got to get me one of these. I have WWII through VN but not a complete 80s set up.

Opex, Very nice helmet. Although very common I do like collecting them. The wife thinks I'm nuts for having too many of them.

Ok Nice lid - but someone sanded the paint off
    the front of the brim......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Steve if your referring to the heatstamp exposed,that seems to be the regular thing,even some of the bigger dealers are at it,I guess its all down to personal opinion,it shouldn't be done but over in the uk there are a lot of euro clone lids with US liners added so at least this way you can be sure of what you are actually getting.

It doesnt bother me that much. Nobody is going to see it during display.
    Also it makes it easier to see the heat lot number.

?

Thank you anton much appreciated

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Good point it does annoy me, but that's the way it came,I have considered painting over this bare patch but cannot find a decent paint match.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Steve if your referring to the heatstamp exposed,that seems to be the regular thing,even some of the bigger dealers are at it,I guess its all down to personal opinion,it shouldn't be done but over in the uk there are a lot of euro clone lids with US liners added so at least this way you can be sure of what you are actually getting.
    Jake you hit the nail on the head,thanks for your input mate.

- - ------- - -

Quote by anton67 View Post
    It doesnt bother me that much. Nobody is going to see it during display.
    Also it makes it easier to see the heat lot number.
    Completely agree , that is the up side to the problem, thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2