Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Mixed bag of M1 covers!!!!!

Article about: Couldn't resist this mixed bag of covers. one ww2 third pattern USMC mosquito veil. one Mitchell Twill cover. one Mitchell Cotton cover. one not so common 1969 tent duck cotton ERDL cover. o

Default Mixed bag of M1 covers!!!!!

Couldn't resist this mixed bag of covers.
    one ww2 third pattern USMC mosquito veil.
    one Mitchell Twill cover.
    one Mitchell Cotton cover.
    one not so common 1969 tent duck cotton ERDL cover.
    one unknown silk type cover.
    all show plenty of wear but still very serviceable.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mixed bag of M1 covers!!!!!   Mixed bag of M1 covers!!!!!  

Mixed bag of M1 covers!!!!!   Mixed bag of M1 covers!!!!!  

Mixed bag of M1 covers!!!!!   Mixed bag of M1 covers!!!!!  

Well worth "snapping up" Jake, in nice used condition. Leon.

Nice bunch covers from several periods. timothy

Great find, i've always liked the Mitchell camo!...

I'd be happy with all of those

Thanks Gents,the Mitchell has become such an iconic piece of field gear on its own merit,and prices are rising steeply for minty examples,some are so new they have been framed and displayed as such rather than lose its perfect shape by being fitted to a shell,I can't help myself when bargains come along such as these,never know when you might need one..............I cannot believe these are now being made in repro on ebay both in the US and China............

good mixed bag you got there jake. yes the mitchell is a iconoc piece. and i think that they will become more desirable. and higher in price. good to get now. the 69 dated ERDL cover is a nice pick up to.

nice pickups jake the mitch covers are sky rocketing in price i notice ,well this side of the pond anyway ,i always like the erdl pattern too so well done ,is it a late nam period ?,well allthough i cant id the mystery cover do you remember the pasgt woodland cover i sent you ,it reminds me of that in build quality and pattern with the darker green lining ,im sure it was a commercial copy from china but not 100% and i could never fully nail the camo pattern on that one hope this helps in some way mate
    Regards James

Thanks James,yes your correct the "Mitchell" in general has risen a great deal,with sellers asking prices of £60 which is a tad OTT,its always nice to have a few spare covers so to speak in case of any future projects etc,I paid quite a good price including shipping,certainly worked out better than buying individually,the ERDL stamp is weak but clear enough to just make out,its good to be able to see and feel the differance between the cotton/twill materials,overall a fair buy,which makes a change in this present climate..................p.s The ERDL was first contracted in 1969 however manufacturing didn't get underway until November 1971,the production never started again until 1976-1981,so the 69 dated ones especially in top condition are seriously sort by the high end collector.
    Last edited by ruddersrangers44; 11-14-2014 at 03:27 PM.