Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Modified M1 helmet liner strange

Article about: Hi guys this liner I have had for some time and it was in a WW2 M1 helmet that I bought. So here is what I know about this liner, it is a Marmac manufactured liner as it is marked in the cro

Default Modified M1 helmet liner strange

Hi guys this liner I have had for some time and it was in a WW2 M1 helmet that I bought. So here is what I know about this liner, it is a Marmac manufactured liner as it is marked in the crown MII. It is definitely a nylon liner which dates it from 1964 onwards. The material that is present on the outside of the liner is herring bone twill and has a rubberised rim insert. The 3 point nape strap retainers have been removed and the original liner suspension completely replaced. This is a really odd one and I've never known what to do with it Anyone ever come across anything like this before?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Modified M1 helmet liner strange   Modified M1 helmet liner strange  

Modified M1 helmet liner strange   Modified M1 helmet liner strange  

Modified M1 helmet liner strange   Modified M1 helmet liner strange  

Sorry Ian its a 1st for me,very unusual indeed,maybe one day some light will be shed.............keep hold you never know.

Dear Friend........... it's the first time I see this...may be a way to consolidate the liner if it's cracked.....( in the photos I see that near the brim there are two cracks if the sight serves me)...without using glue and letting inalterate the liner....otherwise I remember something similar in belgian M71 helmet (rubber around the helmet)
    But in that case the rubber was around the shell and not around the liner as in your case...in addition belgian m71 liner is different from your one.....wait for experts...really interesting!

?

Could you show some photos of how the suspension is attached to the liner? That's not a normal US suspension, and the rivets on the outside (under the herringbone) are huge! Look for markings anywhere inside. Also, I would guess that the twill on the outside is so that the liner fits better in an older shell... ?

Hi sorry gitana for being late replying, here are the pics you asked for and a link to a similar liner I have spotted on eBay being sold from Holland. unknown USA M1 style liner helmet casco stahlhelm casque elmo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Modified M1 helmet liner strange   Modified M1 helmet liner strange  

Modified M1 helmet liner strange  

Just solved the mystery of this liner when trying to solve a mystery over another liner. It is a re-webbed Chilean M1 helmet liner. Here is a useful link that I found .: World War Helmets - Casque M-1 reconditionné :.