Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

MP liner

Article about: MP liner that i have posted on here was gift from a very good mate. dated 68. i also have found that the unit was in vietnam in the 60s. i also have found a image of mr wright of the 615th b

Default MP liner

MP liner that i have posted on here was gift from a very good mate. dated 68. i also have found that the unit was in vietnam in the 60s. i also have found a image of mr wright of the 615th but no wearing this liner, could just be a coincident. as i have found that a lot of these liners have been faked over the years. i would just like to ask if you guys think that this liner ticks all the boxs. im just about shore my self that the liner is right. it did come with a front seam swivel bale helmet . the shell has a smoth paint finish no cork or sand. thanks mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MP liner   MP liner  

MP liner   MP liner  

MP liner   MP liner  

MP liner   MP liner  

MP liner   MP liner  

MP liner   MP liner  

Certainly looks the part Mark,nicely displayed without a shell too,difficult to tell regarding the paint but looks like it has age to it,nice item to own,well done..........

?

Heres a liner I have that's MP, no idea of the date, no inner webbing and some paint missing off the top, but still looks good.

Dean O
    Canada

MP linerMP linerMP linerMP liner

Nice liner Dean O the date is 1976,can buy replacement removeble webbing easy enough..............

?

Thank you Ranger, however it is just one of those things I picked up along the way, and as I do not collect them, I will not restore it, perhaps I will someone that wants it, and they can do it.

Take Care

Dean O
    Canada

First liner is 18th MP Brigade arrived in Vietnam 1966 Departed 1973 all my officers and sgts were in this unit it was stationed at Long Binh called LBJ as a joke as there was a big stockade there. Numbers on side are company and can be battalion also I had a similar one with the 208th company on the side. Nice liner looks dated 67 that was a year after they arrived in LBJ Vietnam I had a first sgt that was one of the first go in. Patch was described as the double ax when I was in MP Corp early 70's nice piece. timothy

That second one looks like the Crysler division I can't remember the number to it has the 109th company or battalion on the side must have been attached to Crysler Div I had a green painted liner with MP decals and some were Black we used black for correctional duty at stockades. Sometimes for inspection we would polish them with floor wax to make them shine. Nice liners. I think no 2 may be 5th Corp instead of division refered to as the Crysler DIv due to patch but is a Corp it was in WW2 I think . timothy

Thank you timothty for the information. On the liner. Been looking at web site that has some information on mps in*Vietnam. And has some images of men in the 615.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Certainly looks the part Mark,nicely displayed without a shell too,difficult to tell regarding the paint but looks like it has age to it,nice item to own,well done..........
    Thankyou ruddersrangers44. I like this liner. Was somthing that I was not looking for. But as a gift its a good one. Dont realy get items like this given to me very often. Or I mean this is a first.