Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mtchell covers?

Article about: Hey everyone, i have recently bought two vietnam era helmets, both with mitchell covers. I have posted one on here before however i have a quick question about covers. It appears that my mor

Default Mtchell covers?

Hey everyone, i have recently bought two vietnam era helmets, both with mitchell covers. I have posted one on here before however i have a quick question about covers. It appears that my more recent purchase (and my favourite) has a reversible cover. Why was this and are they as common as the ones with just the one side of camo?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Mtchell covers?  Mtchell covers? 

Default Re: Mtchell covers?

All Mitchell covers are reversible with a green jungle side and a brown desert ish side can I see a picture of the 1 sided one?

Quote by CSM Gray View Post
    All Mitchell covers are reversible with a green jungle side and a brown desert ish side can I see a picture of the 1 sided one?
    I did not know that, i just assumed they were one sided? Learn a new thing every day. Thanks I will post more pics up when i receive them both.

I guess its because ive only ever seen them in books or advertised with the woodland side showing. Will make a great display side by side though. Thanks

NCA
    ?

The green side is for jungle/temperate use and the brown is for Autumn use.There also two different versions.One with long 'flaps' one with short.The early short version is made from a twill material and usually has holes cut for the chinstraps.The long version is made from cotton.I believe there also minor differences in the camo pattern too...

Later ERDL and Woodland camo covers were not reversible. Nice helmet!

Long and short flaps can be cotton.
    Pre-1968 are the short flap version.
    I can tell you by the numbers under the flap approx yr of manufacture if you can post of pic.