Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

my birthday treat!!!!!

Article about: Well I know that fixed baled Helmets rarely show up these days here in the UK,and when occasionally they do, just forget it, its always way out of my league,so anyway when this came up as a

Happy Birthday jake..Nice pick up as from what we can see you like it very much
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

my birthday treat!!!!!my birthday treat!!!!!my birthday treat!!!!!my birthday treat!!!!!thought I should show this with a period Dennison type net which I kindly bought from Aaron(tinlids)many thanks for thattypical mid-war text book M1.........Jake

my birthday treat!!!!!my birthday treat!!!!!my birthday treat!!!!!my birthday treat!!!!!october 42 shell with early sharp milled tip j hook and raised brass buckle also the famous dimple either side between the Bales and all Green hardware 43 production.............

JBR
    ?

Happy Birthday, Jake! And congratulations on acquiring a super helmet. Personally, I'm not too put off buying from the US by the shipping and customs etc charges (incl the extortionate Parcel Force 'handling charge') - provided it's a good buy in total and, most likely, a relatively high cost item. It's where these costs almost equal or even exceed the price of the item pushing the total way beyond a reasonable price that that I back off. In other words, the costs should be proportionate. Like the others, I envy you your purchase! Best Regards, John

Beautiful! Lot of good M1's in lately. I just got another which I will post shortly.

It is a staple for anyone's collection. Very nice helmet. I like that it looks to have been together a long time.
    Congratulations.

?

Very nice lid jake! I love the looks of the pot, and the liner is a real beauty! Congrats

Indeed, congrats on a nice find Jake !

The old M1's seem to be drying up. 12 years ago, I could buy
    one here for $50 - complete with a Korean War USMC
    camo cover.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks guys for your kind words,Steve your right these items are becoming thin on the ground now where most are buying but not selling on,it seems to only be the estate and yard finds that keep sufacing,hold on to what you have unless something truely fantastic turns up,and yes Bill that too is the look i long for,hard to explain but you know when you see one,instantly your drawn to it,and my account slips down again......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2