Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My First WWII M1 Helmet

Article about: Hi hope of interest my first ww2 M1 (complete with stress fracture as discussed in my previous thread) I took the plunge and made my debute into M1 lids. Comments are welcome and Amy info wo

?

Added a period cover to the helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First WWII M1 Helmet  

Quote by busman View Post
    the name reads Leo Billington, but I can't make the number out. I have found one Leo Billington enlisted 1941 but the parts of the service number I can read do not match.
    I had a look as well and couldn't find a match with the number I thought it said. might have another stab at it later in the week when I get the chance.
    The cover looks nice. finish's it off well.
    regards
    Rod

?

Thanks Rod for having a go at a bit of research, and the comments on the cover, I wonder why they didn't put cut outs in for the chin straps as tends to ruck up a bit when putting it on.

?

That is a nice dang cover! I've not been able to track down a WW2 camo cover for an M1 yet, but I keep searching!

?

Quote by busman View Post
    I have managed to find the owners name( Henry W Hochuli) and a bit if info using the army service number on the webbing, and this ties in with the initials .
    Would someone be able to move this thread to th M1 helmet section please.
    Here is a link to his Findagrave. He was a 1st Lt.

Henry W. Hochuli, Jr (1922 - 1983) - Find A Grave Memorial

My First WWII M1 Helmet

?

Can I just say a big thanks for taking the time to find the information, it is great to be able to put some history with the helmet. Many thanks Tim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3