Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My introduction, starting to collect M1 helmets

Article about: hello, i already started with one thread wherein i said i would introduce myself. i now have the time to do so. My name is Robby, and after a few years of collecting all kinds of stuff from

Default My introduction, starting to collect M1 helmets

hello,

i already started with one thread wherein i said i would introduce myself. i now have the time to do so. My name is Robby, and after a few years of collecting all kinds of stuff from WWII, i will not purely focus on M1 helmets. i have one since the start of my hobby and always liked the looks of them, like the have a story to tell.. i also mention that i bought a Schlueter rear seam helmet and another helmet, when i receive them i will maken pictures of my helmets. Its not much because nice helmets are getting quite expensive, because i also pay shipping and extra taxes
    This because if live in market garden country Holland. Another hobby of mine is searching with the metal detector and traveling.

Maybe someone already noticed the MB in my nickname. That is the grand piece of my collection. My all original (chassis/body/engine/gearbox)
    1942 Willys MB. This is a ACM1 body, one of the earlier ones. the funny thing is that mine was build at a moment that some thiing were changing in the prodcution line. Like i still have all rubber gaskets and hoodblock (changed to felt after) but i dont have a script, but do have a trailer socket. It took me 2 years exaclty to rebuild. This was a jeep that went to a British contract and went to Africa or Sicily. Im still like to find out more about my jeep.

Well here are some pictures of my green vehicle..

but the best way to check out my jeep is by this video i made of it

Willys Jeep MB 1942 compilation in the woods in Holland - YouTube

this is how i bought it

so you will here from me soon. If there are questions, shoot...

Default Re: My introduction, starting to collect M1 helmets

Great video Robby, it looks like a blast to drive! Welcome to the forum

tomorrow i finally have time at daylight to make some pictures. So some helmets pictures are comming soon

@cgp1066 Thanks!

Glad to have you with us Robby! Great job on the video and Jeep. I look forward to your pics.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Good to meet you Robbie. Very nice restoration job on the Willys
    - She's beautiful ! - and a well made video. It feels out of this
    world driving a piece of military history.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

G'day Robbie, what can I say? Great jeep, you have done an amazing job with the restoration of this vehicle mate, there is a lot of work involved in doing up an older vehicle like this and your efforts really show through. The video is also very good, I like the arty farty bit at the start, Robbie Speilberg? Really well done, the jeep looks fantastic.

Awsome Robbie, where did you aquire it?? Did you find it in Holland??

Thanks all!. The jeep came from Pennsylvania. I have to look up for the exact town. It had a licence plate on it from Grand Canyon state though. But i got it imported 2 years ago. And on the day exact 2 years later go it approved at the government to drive on the road. Already had the privilege to drive a ww2 veteran around my province that he was involved with with the liberation in '45.

Now im still busy with taking pictures. wow its a lot of work to get good pictures of the helmets haha but halfway there..

?

Hello Robby, your jeep is just so nice, you can tell that there was a lot of love put into it. Nice vid as well.

yessss. finally. I hope you like the pictures and that they are clear enough. Let me start with the first. This helmet is also the lastest that arrived in my collection.

It's a rear seam helmet. But i dont care because its a Schlueter . It has stainless swivelbales so this is for sure a ww2 production (end 44 if im correct)

The heat stamp is very clear 472A and the big "S".

The cork is not all there anymore, but the color on this lid is GREAT.

The liner is from Firestone, with a really stretched leather chin strap, and one side its almost have the width. Sweatband is in fair condition with one big tear.

Cool thing is that it came with a rayon napestrap

up to the next

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast