Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My M1

Article about: I've been looking over alot of threads here, and I think I might even have learned something. I just got this in the mail today, I just need to find a nice chin strap for the liner. It's a c

Default My M1

I've been looking over alot of threads here, and I think I might even have learned something. I just got this in the mail today, I just need to find a nice chin strap for the liner.

My M1My M1

It's a capac liner, with a 2 on the top of the stamp

My M1
    My M1My M1

I can't find any numbers on the shell. but it's in pretty nice shape.

My M1My M1My M1

?

Default Re: My M1

A nice post war reissued M-1 probably Korean war use you'll also need a nape strap as well to complete the liner as for the heat stamp number its probably being obscured by the over paint.

Ah you're lucky. I was the other bidder on that helmet. It looks really nice. I managed to win a cheaper one that day anyway so all is good.

?

Nice helmet. Nape straps are cheap enough, and there are plenty about. Luckily with that lid, you don't need to search for a green buckle liner chinstrap, a black buckle will be ok to make it "right." Is anybody else shocked about the prices on the green buckle ones at the moment?
    Anyway, nice lid mate.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Is anybody else shocked about the prices on the green buckle ones at the moment?
    Best Regards,

Andy
    your not wrong there mate for one of those you're looking at anything between $100-$200 you can buy a decent complete M-1 for that sort of price but i guess that's the way these things go as original parts start to get harder to get hold of.

I think I saw a nape strap somewhere, I'll have to go look, I did find a green buckled chinstrap, the black ones seem to be more expensive so far, I thought it was rediculous that someone paid pver 70 dollars for 2 of them.

Glad it worked out Matt, I saved money buying this one, or I would have just bought a liner and chin straps, but then I would have had to get them sewn.

I'm going to put a USMC helmet cover on it, so not having any cork wasn't that important to me. I'm planning on making a mannequin in honor of my dad who was at Iwo Jima, but was wounded, and didn't have much to bring home. So I've been scouring sites trying to get a basic load, most original so far, I might get repro canteen covers, the real ones are insane. I thought for my first war time lid it was a pretty good deal, I'm happy with it, thanks guys.

I found one that the guywe says has an anchor stamp on the buckle, does this mean it was navy? or could it be danish? Did they use M1s too? I had a winchester M1 rifle like that, Danish used, anchor on the site cover.

Anchor versions are post war 1950's, I think.........
    Regards,

Steve.

anchor stamp vietnam period between 65-67 made by north&judd MFG so genuine US issue,dave.