Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

My M1 helmet #1

Article about: Hi guys I started posting on here a number of years ago, as at the time I had a collection of around 40 or so helmets. I put a few pics up and I don know why I didn't finish off posting the

Default My M1 helmet #1

Hi guys I started posting on here a number of years ago, as at the time I had a collection of around 40 or so helmets. I put a few pics up and I don know why I didn't finish off posting the rest of them? I have a collection now at the last count 72 helmets and a very unhappy wife 🙈 I keep telling her it's an investment for the future 😂. Anyway gonna finish off what I started and try and put them all up in the next couple of weeks. I have learnt so much from reading the forums here, there are some very knowledgable people here who do a great job and I would like to say thanks 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Here is an early war M1 with a heat stamp of 93L or 98L which is about March 1942 produced by McCord hard to tell without sanding off the paint which I will not do. Liner is a fire stone which I believe to date for late 42 to early 43. The rest of the helmet speaks for itself in the pics. Thanks for looking guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M1 helmet #1   My M1 helmet #1  

My M1 helmet #1   My M1 helmet #1  

Very nice helmet.

?

Nice lid. Anxious to see the rest.

Another great original set,however with limited pictures available that shell looks to me like a Schlueter not a McCord but difficult with the re-welds on the Bales.fantastic Helmet.

?

Gorgeous helmet! I bought my first original M-1 a couple months ago and I am hoping to find another soon!

Hi took another look at the helmet numbers and took some really close up pics. Now I couldn't see the letter S in the normal place for schleuter helmets but realised that it's not 98L but 9 SL now I'm scratching my head I will add the pic on this thread. Glad I took another good look at this now and off to do some research about it. I will report back on my findings asap.

Close up pic of heat stamp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M1 helmet #1  

Comparing the features angles and weld spots on the front seam I think this is probably a schleuter helmet again thanks ruddersrangers44

I really want to help out but that heatstamp isn't the best to work from,easiest way is to place in a line with the McCord both facing the same way and look at them together side on,your soon see the differance in the curve if it is an "S" pot.