Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My M1 helmet

Article about: if you mean the stamp writing on the helmet liner webbing, i've tried my best to try and translate it, its like on page 4 of this thread. if not page three.

Default My M1 helmet

hey guys, i was wondering if you could tell me what era this helmet is from, or possibly if it is real or fake, also can you try and retranslate the description on the fabric thing inside. thank you

Default Re: My helmet

here are the pics, hope it helps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M1  helmet   My M1  helmet  

My M1  helmet   My M1  helmet  

Its a not actually a helmet, its actually a helmet liner for a helmet based on the US M1 Type helmet. I'm not too sure about the country of origin though but theres a few guys on here that know anything and everything about M1 Helmets so they should be able to point you in the right direction

Thanks

Danny

Hi

Yeah as Danny said,this is a Liner from an M1 helmet.

It looks judging by the internal colour of the liner,and the A- washers ( the triangular black washers,holding the webbing to the the Liner ,itself) to be Vietnam Era, I cant make out the writing, so can't date it for you,but this is a nice collectable liner.

Hope this helps

ok, is the liner the cloth stuff inside the helmet that hols onto your head? or is it the helmet itself? sorry i'm new to collecting militaria and i decided a helmet would be a good start and i barely know anything about it.

The whole piece that you have is the actual liner, its missing the strap that holds it to the helmet. This piece sits inside the actual metal helmet shell making a barrier between the head of the wearer and the actual helmet shell.

Hopefully this helps

Thanks

Danny

Quote by carlarganda View Post
    ok, is the liner the cloth stuff inside the helmet that hols onto your head? or is it the helmet itself? sorry i'm new to collecting militaria and i decided a helmet would be a good start and i barely know anything about it.
    The entire piece you have is called a 'liner'.

It is missing it's headband/sweatband and 'nape' strap.
    Earlier versions are usually made of brown coloured fibreglass
    and painted green on the outside only. Yours is a rather late one...
    The 'steel pot' (actual helmet) fits over top of it.

The writing says something like:

'Liner, Helmet, Shell, M1, Combat, Type - 1'

with various maker/code numbers.
    Regards,

Steve.

oh ok mate, yea i am getting a nape strap and headband soon, but my helmet doesnt have a bale for the chinstrap, and does it mean this wasnt a real helmet? cause it doesnt feel like steel.

Hopefully this diagram might help you out, its not identical to your liner but you should get the idea

Thanks

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M1  helmet  

Quote by carlarganda View Post
    oh ok mate, yea i am getting a nape strap and headband soon, but my helmet doesnt have a bale for the chinstrap, and does it mean this wasnt a real helmet? cause it doesnt feel like steel.
    Carlarganda,

A plastic/fibreglass 'LINER' is what you have.
    It fits inside a steel helmet, which will have chinstrap bales............
    ( Thanks for the pic, Danny ! )

You have a newer model than the one Danny has shown, and it will have
    somewhat different style components.....
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast