Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My M1 helmet

Article about: if you mean the stamp writing on the helmet liner webbing, i've tried my best to try and translate it, its like on page 4 of this thread. if not page three.

Default Re: My helmet

hey, i just picked up a full m1 helmet, and i now know what the liner is haha. thank you anyway, but yea, im soon going to be getting a proper helmet with a liner for 100$ AUS, when i get it, you able to tell me what era it is from?

it looked pretty rusty, and im sure it is post ww2 cause it doesn't have that ball lock thing on the chin strap. but ill take some photos of it when my dad gives me some money to buy it

Quote by carlarganda View Post
    hey, i just picked up a full m1 helmet, and i now know what the liner is haha. thank you anyway, but yea, im soon going to be getting a proper helmet with a liner for 100$ AUS, when i get it, you able to tell me what era it is from?
    You are also going to have to find an 'empty pot'
    to put this liner into ................. !
    Regards,

Steve.

hey guys, i just got my helmet i told you i was getting earlier, its Australian issued, it cost me 110$ AUS and it came with liner plus steel pot, ill post the photos of it up, to see if i got my money's worth, and also to see what war it was in cause i am still new at identifying which war it was from. thank you!

ps. the camo thing on my bench is the camo net it came with(it is the standard issue camo net given with the helmet: according to the guy that sold it to me) and i would like some help on how to put it on the helmet.

oh and thank you for all the help with my liner. i felt real happy when you guys said it was real and that it is a good collecter's item

these are the pics on my new helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M1  helmet   My M1  helmet  

My M1  helmet   My M1  helmet  

My M1  helmet   My M1  helmet  

Thats one well used helmet you got now I like it

haha thanks, its not the same liner i have, this helmet came with the liner that you can see. was it worth the 110$ AUS?

oh and how do i properly put the camo net on the helmet? cause its one huge rectangle and i don't know how to wrap the helmet properly with it.

It looks like myne
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M1  helmet  

Quote by carlarganda View Post
    these are the pics on my new helmet
    Nice one Mate.

That's a real salty Aussie M1, I'm not really sure what the exchange rate is, $ vs £, but it's a good 'un.

I like this one

haha thanks guys, i'm so happy i got it haha. you guys know how to put the camo net on properly? its a huge as rectangle of netting and it has no draw string, any tips on putting it on?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast