Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My new helmet coming soon!

Article about: yea, you guys have to help me with identifying it, i'm not used to modern helmets

Default My new helmet coming soon!

hey guys, i'm geting a helmet soon from ebay. It's an m1 helmet possibly ww2 , stainless steal rear seam which was given to the Australian Army by the US, it looks legit, it has a capac liner, without the nape strap, leather chin strap and head band, though it does have the strap from he steel helmet, i will have to post some phtos for you guys to decide, but it won't be for a week at most, due to postage.

?

Default Re: My new helmet coming soon!

Wow, I was issued one of those US style M1's when I joined up in 1991.....I didnt get a Kevlar issued till I went to Timor in 1999. I still have the M1 but I painted it in gawdy colours and called it the "numpty helmet" at the end of the week, the section would vote on who had done the silliest thing during the week and he would have to wear this colourful tin lid on the Company Parade on Friday arvo before Booza parade.....and of course the first shout for the section was on him!! It's now called bastardisation in this new politicaly correct world but it was all done tongue in cheek and nobody was belittled by it!

nice mate, awwww mate got to add ya as a friend man, i havent seen an aussie on this forum yet, yea man, im a collector myself, officially after geting me an australian issue m1 vietnam war helmet

hey guys, the link is here WW2 M- 1 U.S Army Helmet, Stainless Steel Rim. - eBay United States, 1939 - 1945 WWII, Militaria, Collectables. (end time 04-Sep-10 22:46:59 AEST) he is also selling some badge things and couple of Australian ww2 era stuff and vietnam war era stuff i reckon is cool.

?

hiya carlarganda

the capac liner is Korean war era due to it having OD green webbing rather then khaki the chin strap looks to be Vietnam era & the shell may well be late WW2 issue hope this helps

SWEET, i on't know why, but i actually prefer korean war over ww2, im excited, but is 50$ Aussie dollar worth gettng? especill when its missing couple of the pieces from it?

?

for an almost complete helmet such as this the money is about right the missing parts can easily be picked up pretty cheap off ebay

?

Yeh me too though I collect mainly German kit. When I joined up in 91 all our kit was Vietnam era, still got my little green pack. I have some whorl war two Aussie stuff and a ww1 rising sun and a 1916 copy of the "ANZAC book" and all my desert kit from Iraq.

sweet, well im pretty sure the steel pots from ww2 were obviously recycled for the korean war, unless im mistaken, and i think the guy sellnig this served in nam cause he is selling fair bit of stuff from nam era, maybe he did some repairs on the helmet?

?

Quote by carlarganda View Post
    sweet, well im pretty sure the steel pots from ww2 were obviously recycled for the korean war, unless im mistaken, and i think the guy sellnig this served in nam cause he is selling fair bit of stuff from nam era, maybe he did some repairs on the helmet?
    you are correct all Korean war M-1 helmets were WW2 recycled & in alot of cases still in their WW2 configuration

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast