Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My new helmet coming soon!

Article about: yea, you guys have to help me with identifying it, i'm not used to modern helmets

?

Default Re: My new helmet coming soon!

Yeh mate I reckon you could pick up a Vietnam Aussie lid for cheaper. I know it's a bit far away, but there is a massive disposal store in albury wodonga, maybe give them a call and see what they got. They have absolutely everything being so close to two major bases

ok so if ww2 steel pots were fixed, how is this helmet a swivel bail from the looks of it?

?

both fixed bail & swivel bail helmets were used during WW2 rear seamed swivel bail shells were late war.

i thought ww2 helmets were fixed bails

ok thank you Nick damn wikipedia, saying swivel bails were made in the 60's

how do you tell the chinstraps are from NAM era, is t because it is steel instead of brass?

?

have a look here mate for info on M-1 shell's https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/helme...c-shell-22931/

as for the chin strap WW2 versions were sewn on only Vietnam they used metal clips to attach them to the bails.

oh just remembered about that lol thanks anyway, sorry i'm kinda new to collecting m1 helmets, i've been a fanatic bout army stuff since i was 5, i have heaps to learn, and i have to save up for that book helmets of the eto, heard its a great guide for identifying the makrs, age and fakes of m1 helmets

?

no worries mate glad i could help

its always good to get some good books try Amazon for some of them i found sellers selling that particular book here in the UK for £15

yea, i've seen couple for 40$ Australian, about the ame as 15 pounds, none of the book stores in Australian don't sell anything close to it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast