Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My new helmet coming soon!

Article about: yea, you guys have to help me with identifying it, i'm not used to modern helmets

Default Re: My new helmet coming soon!

yea, you guys have to help me with identifying it, i'm not used to modern helmets

?

sorry cant really help with this type of helmet not really my collecting area but im sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction for info on it

ok, should i change to a different part of the forum? or is this the place to ask?

Quote by carlarganda View Post
    ok, should i change to a different part of the forum? or is this the place to ask?
    something you should know, I kept losing on the last second of many auctions on ebay, there is a site called auction snipe.com, if you find an item , say with 3 days too go, you can go there, after you join, put in the item # and then just try to figure how much someone will pay on the high side, then put your max bid on the snipe site, they will win it for you at the last second. you don't even have to put a bid on it on ebay, I used it once, but someone out sniped me, he went 50.00 dollars over my max bid. it was kinda funny, because I was winning at 25.00 dollars, he had to pay 75.00, it served him right. but I got off the snipe site, I just don't think it is right.

?

Quote by carlarganda View Post
    nope your OK here its just i don't collect modern helmets only M-1's so haven't taken the time to research those types of helmet.

oh ok

hey guys here is the link to the acution of the helmet i won with heaps of pictures, hope the pictures could help identify what it is etc. GENTEX MK-1697/G TANK HELMET . TANKER HELMET - eBay Original Period Items, 1976-89, Militaria, Collectibles. (end time 08-Sep-10 12:06:03 AEST)

there was a guy in the ww2 section, he must have bought a bunch of rear seam helmets at a surplus sale, I bought a rear seam shell, no liner, with the nam type slide on straps, it had a fresh coat of paint, paid $9.95 for it, but I had an extra nam liner, put different straps on & a Nam cammo cover I had, looks great, they also still used rear seams in Nam also, he had another,with the sawdust & cork on it for 19.95, then he was selling 3 helmets for 29.95, or 39.95 & I think he said if you bought 3 you got another one for free, don't know if he is still on there or not, I also bought a rear seam & lucked up on a Korean ,or Nam para liner, now I put it all together & made a para helmet , so in all I have 3 rear seams, one has usmc ww2 cammo cover & the leather chin liner, I have maybe 100.00 in all three. then I picked up a nice British toomy helmet for 19.95, even still had the original chin strap, it's cherry, but I hunt late at night, or actually very early morning, & then early while everyone is at work. I can go back & find the guy I bought the shell from for 9.95 & see if he has anymore if you want me too, or if you want the 2 helmet deal, or 3 helmet deal, let me know. you can find liners all day on ebay, just watch out, there are some rip offs out there, just like all the 50 German d-day cammo helmets that are on every day.just let me know & I will write him.

thanks mate but its ok, i actually don't haev a job andi just get pocket money from my parents, and i know who your talking about, i saw the 3 helmets and 3 liners for like 50$. thanks anyway mate

actually i wouldn't mind that, especially since my birthday is coming, try writing to him see if he is still in business

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast