Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

My New Liner: Westi Camo Liner

Article about: Hi guys, Would like to share my recent acquisition, a Westinghouse camo liner with a Captains' Bar. Captain's ID was made with medics' tape which was a common type of practice when metal ins

Default My New Liner: Westi Camo Liner

Hi guys,

Would like to share my recent acquisition, a Westinghouse camo liner with a Captains' Bar.

Captain's ID was made with medics' tape which was a common type of practice when metal insignias were not available.

There are no damage but just some paint chips (doesn't bug me at all), and all I need to add is a nape strap.

These are absolutely tough to find (not many around), and I am glad to add this in my collection.

Thank you for looking.

Regards,
    Taka

?

That is a nice very hard to find M1 helmet liner.

Great find!...

Sharp stuff Taka, as always

Thank you for the kind comments, Guys.

Regards,
    Taka

Nice example of hard to find liner a lot of them must have went to the pacific as you see period pictures of them in pacific theather just looked a picture the other night on here of one in the pacific. Nice one! I remember as a kid my uncle had one in a old M-1 and we took it out and played with it as it was cooler than the old M-1 pot to us. He served in the Pacific Luzon, Guam New Gunia, Guadacanal attached to the sunrise division I can't remember the div no. timothy

?

Excellent period piece, and IMHO a "Holy Grail" item, I particularly like the captains bar and patina, definetely one for anyone's collection

Quote by Opex View Post
    Excellent period piece, and IMHO a "Holy Grail" item, I particularly like the captains bar and patina, definetely one for anyone's collection
    Totally agree with Gary's comments,between the first Westinghouse contracts around March/April 42 until March 43 some 854,000 of these were camo painted in March 43 there was a recall and around some 300,000 were repainted in the standard matt olive drab finish so leaving around about half a million in the field,with that in mind that makes this and the General Fiber liners about the rarest and most desirable liners for the collector to obtain,so well done and congrats Taka on obtaining such an elusive wartime item,im not jealous well maybe a little.......