Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new M-1

Article about: here's my new purchase i won it off eBay for £13 along with another liner this is particularly interesting as its a late to post war shell with sewn on chin straps a WW2 westinghouse liner w

?

Thumbs up My new M-1

here's my new purchase i won it off eBay for £13 along with another liner

this is particularly interesting as its a late to post war shell with sewn on chin straps a WW2 westinghouse liner with a 76 dated cover all have been together for sometime & as a bonus on closer inspection of the liner headband i found a tag with the soldiers name & number
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new M-1   My new M-1  

My new M-1   My new M-1  

My new M-1   My new M-1  

My new M-1   My new M-1  

My new M-1   My new M-1  

My new M-1   My new M-1  

My new M-1   My new M-1  

My new M-1  

?

Default Re: My new M-1

Money well spent! I'm hoping I come across a deal like this someday.

Thanks for sharing.

Nitram

Nice helmet, You'll find many like this one. They re-used these helmets and liners after WWII up to the time they replaced this style with what they are using now. National Guard units got a lot of these hand me downs also. I wish I would have known more about them when I was younger as I had access to hundreds in a warehouse in the mid to late 70's at the Portland Air Base. I'm sure many were WWII vintage.

Burt

4md
    ?

great pick up

Hi Nick,
    what a bonus all round and for 13 quid, i bet you thought it was christmas,lol nice find mate well done.
    Dave.

?

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Money well spent! I'm hoping I come across a deal like this someday.

Thanks for sharing.

Nitram
    i was lucky as the seller never provided a very good picture so i took a chance & this time it worked out but it could have easily gone the other way & wasted my money.

?

Quote by milmuseum View Post
    Nice helmet, You'll find many like this one. They re-used these helmets and liners after WWII up to the time they replaced this style with what they are using now. National Guard units got a lot of these hand me downs also. I wish I would have known more about them when I was younger as I had access to hundreds in a warehouse in the mid to late 70's at the Portland Air Base. I'm sure many were WWII vintage.

Burt
    cheers mate Ive had a few like this with a mishmash of different eras but not one with sewn on chin straps normally they've been replaced with the 1960's onwards type straps.

?

Quote by 4md View Post
    great pick up
    cheers mate

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Nick,
    what a bonus all round and for 13 quid, i bet you thought it was christmas,lol nice find mate well done.
    Dave.
    cheers mate it was quite the little surprise when it turned up & i got a better look at it as well as finding the name tag i was well chuffed

Just an FYI-the soldiers name and serial number appear to be his Social Security number. The US military started using the Social Security number as a soldier's service number in the early 1970s.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast