Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new M1

Article about: Hey Guys I bourght this on ebay a couple of weeks ago. From what i can see is the shell maybe a Vietnam era and is front seam. And the liner is maybe WW2? I have no idea really, there is som

Default My new M1

Hey Guys

I bourght this on ebay a couple of weeks ago. From what i can see is the shell maybe a Vietnam era and is front seam. And the liner is maybe WW2? I have no idea really, there is something marked on the webbing of the liner, but i cant make out what it is. And the liner is stamped "W" and the number 104 above the Westinghouse stamp.

Check out the pics, and let me know if you very wise men have some info for me

/Mick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new M1   My new M1  

My new M1   My new M1  

My new M1   My new M1  

My new M1   My new M1  

My new M1   My new M1  

My new M1  
    Attached Images Attached Images My new M1 

?

Default Re: My new M1

hiya mate

nice lid the liner is Korean war era if theres any green paint on the chin strap hardware then that's Korean era as well otherwise its been updated to Vietnam era use ?

Hi Nick! Thanks There is some traces of paint. So Korean? Great to get some info! Could you tell me how you see that it is from the Korean era? So i can see for my self next time.

/Mick

?

hiya mate no probs

the liner has OD green webbing were as WW2 has khaki as well as the chin strap set up as well these to me say Korean war era hope this helps

Thumbs up Re: My new M1

Hi Nick.

That just about says it all Thank you alot mate!

/Mick

?

your welcome mate glad i could help

By the look of the webbing, the liner is an M58-early Vietnam issue. Korean era liners had HBT webbing the same as the sweatband. Compare the two fabrics and you can see the difference.

Still a nice find!
    Dale