Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My old M1

Article about: hey guys i posted this a few weeks ago but no one replied im not bothered or anything was just wondering if someone could tell me anything about the heatstamp and what era paint job it looks

Default My old M1

hey guys i posted this a few weeks ago but no one replied im not bothered or anything was just wondering if someone could tell me anything about the heatstamp and what era paint job it looks to be.its darker than my korean war m1's so it could be nam or ww2 ? any help would be great thanks every and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL ! PS im not trying to spam or be a pain or troll .cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images My old M1  My old M1  My old M1  My old M1  My old M1  My old M1 

Default Re: My old M1

Going by what I know of my own m1, this could be a vietnam era lid, given the swivel bales and rear seam. Are there any stampings on the chin strap buckles?

its actually front seam(sorry forgot to add that) and it was once fixed bale you can see by the dimples in the seam.notice on the last picture the seam in the heatstamp at the front .cheers

geez i missed a lot of info out .i should have included its front seam ,once fixed bale . cheers

I would vote for Veitnam reissue, i have a similar one i bought couple years back. It WWII production... I cant tell you much about heat stamp. The A throwing me off.

yea im guessing vietnam reissue the heatstamp is a strange one i cant put my finger on it .cheers

?

I am new and don't know much about them. I just wanted to say I like it nice M1.

thanks mate !

4md
    ?

I agree looks like a ww2 issue fixed bale m1 that has been upgraded and reissued post ww2. Nice one

regards Paul

?

if you wanted to complete this for display just add either a 1950's or early 60's era liner & you'll be done

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast