Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My pair of Vietnam era M1 helmets and liners

Article about: Hi all Annoyed from this ads?   I'm still sorting through my helmet collection out of storage, I have here my two Vietnam era M1 helmet sets... on infantry and one M1-C...

What is it you need to know about the cover?...............

Yup I know what you mean about the chinstrap mount locking tabs!!! when I took off the old miss-matched badly worn originals from the infantry one.... I really teased them off as carefully as I could... but they would probably break if I ever tried to refit them!!! I still kept them tho... and the old suspension web relics.. and even the rock hard sweatband all.. dated mind!!!
    I really should get professional help!!!! I really cant throw anything away!!! no matter how tired and ruined !!!

The second pic in the link I sent in an earlier post... do you have an idea what the ink printed mark on the woodland pattern cover is???

No sorry never one before,some useless info but the cover isn't known as "woodland" they were used from 1982-198?its called an ERDL cover first contracted in 1969 and then from 1976 through to 1981,sorry I couldn't be of more help with the ink stamp.............

No probs Jake thank's for all your help anyway...will have to brush-up on my camo id's .....with any luck someone will know what it is!!
    it's just that I'm sure I've seen it on one of someone else's posts on here recently........somewhere!!
    Last edited by austromunga; 11-11-2014 at 12:51 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2