Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My Vietnam M1 put together!!!!!!

Article about: Got that right Chris,I guess ww2 gear is so hot at the moment,anything past that just isn't being sorted,mind you give it a few more years and folk will be kicking themselves,you wait and se

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Game on boys!!!!!!re-listed and this time no pulling the plug so dig deep and bid with confidence,fingers x.........
    Good luck Jake, I will keep an eye out for it

?

Quote by James C View Post
    hi jake i suppose the differance is if we were selling the mitchell clad euro clones we would be upfront about it and as true collectors can sleep at night with a clear conscience ,perhaps im just bitter after being stung so many times in the past and would hate to put somebody else through that ,have you tried advertising here on the forum classifieds too id sooner deal here than the minefield that is ebay ,regards james

That's a salient point James,many a seller either do not know/or do not admit it's not a genuine US m1,also selling through the forum could be a winner

Quote by christek View Post
    eBay is a strange place where one thing can get missed completely one month and fought over the next!
    That's certainly true, and you see that quite often.
    Another thing that happens sometimes, is where sellers word the description in a way that doesn't show up in the usual eBay search. I've had items show up in saved search email notifications and google searches that don't show up in a normal eBay search.
    As an example, I was the only bidder on an oxygen mask that the seller had listed as an aviator's breathing mask.
    It didn't show up with the search term 'oxygen mask', and if listed as that, it would have got a lot of bids. I found it via a google search and was probably the only person who saw the listing, so description is important.

Another issue with sellers in the U.S. is the growing trend to not ship overseas. There might be 20 potential bidders from around the world locked out, and nobody in the U.S. bidding on the item. I've seen some quite valuable items with no reserve sell for a pittance because of this factor, but it's a gamble a lot are prepared to take.

Cheers, Willie.

?

Quote by willie45 View Post
    That's certainly true, and you see that quite often.
    Another thing that happens sometimes, is where sellers word the description in a way that doesn't show up in the usual eBay search. I've had items show up in saved search email notifications and google searches that don't show up in a normal eBay search.
    As an example, I was the only bidder on an oxygen mask that the seller had listed as an aviator's breathing mask.
    It didn't show up with the search term 'oxygen mask', and if listed as that, it would have got a lot of bids. I found it via a google search and was probably the only person who saw the listing, so description is important.

Another issue with sellers in the U.S. is the growing trend to not ship overseas. There might be 20 potential bidders from around the world locked out, and nobody in the U.S. bidding on the item. I've seen some quite valuable items with no reserve sell for a pittance because of this factor, but it's a gamble a lot are prepared to take.

Cheers, Willie.

Well said Willie, sometimes it does take a bit of time and effort to search through many listings to find that unique piece that has slipped through the usual/common search fields. I have had some very successful buy's by trawling through search after search

?

Hi Jake,just checked out your listing and it's on my watch list. I notice you have not mentioned anything specific about the cover it's self, perhaps if you make a point of writing a bit of history behind thee covers then potential buyers might not be so put off by it's non- Mitchell look,just a thought buddy

I also note there are many M1's for sale on ebay at present some good some not so good, hopefully buyers will focus in on your helmet

Well Gary have added the OD cover into the listing and also listed here,so never know,will keep you posted.............

just noticed the m1 now in the listings jake ,i hope it sells quickly for you mate that od cover sure does look well ,i must find one myself one day ,cheers james
    Regards James

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Well Gary have added the OD cover into the listing and also listed here,so never know,will keep you posted.............
    Fingers crossed buddy, and hopefully some knowledgeable buyer will see it for what it's worth

lets hope so Bud not much happening yet...........

Oh well a couple of hours to go and only 1 bid at the opening price,win some loose some..........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast