Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

My Vietnam M1 put together!!!!!!

Article about: Got that right Chris,I guess ww2 gear is so hot at the moment,anything past that just isn't being sorted,mind you give it a few more years and folk will be kicking themselves,you wait and se

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Oh well a couple of hours to go and only 1 bid at the opening price,win some loose some..........
    You never know mate,someone may put in a sniper bid at the last few seconds..fingers crossed for you

Day light robbery,at least Dick Turpin wore a mask,hope its someone here,oh well thats how the cookie crumbies sometimes......

?

Day light robbery,at least Dick Turpin wore a mask,hope its someone here,oh well thats how the cookie crumbies sometimes......
    I can relate to your disappointment Jake, earlier this year I sold an M-2 ( well an M1 with repro D bales) and made a massive loss,I almost cried mate but like you said that's the way the cookie crumbles. I have since decided not to sell M1's on ebay as I am convinced I will not make a profit or even break even

Never mind Jake, at least you now have room for one more, i am thinking of putting my Capac/Westinghouse liner on but have no idea as to what they are worth.

To be brutally honest Gary im totally gobsmacked,how in the world can a complete US M1 Helmet made of almost all original parts go for that price?I glanced over at my Fixed Bales and thought there's no f...... way are you boys being sold on ebay or anywhere else for that matter,Im just going to kick back and enjoy the ride watching some monkeys paying an arm & leg for pure crap,my mate who I aquired the mk2 Police Helmet from has been having a nightmare on ebay with some rather unscruplous individuals taking the absolute p...,just glad im keeping everything I've displayed here at WRF..............

?

To be brutally honest Gary im totally gobsmacked,how in the world can a complete US M1 Helmet made of almost all original parts go for that price?I glanced over at my Fixed Bales and thought there's no f...... way are you boys being sold on ebay or anywhere else for that matter,Im just going to kick back and enjoy the ride watching some monkeys paying an arm & leg for pure crap,my mate who I aquired the mk2 Police Helmet from has been having a nightmare on ebay with some rather unscruplous individuals taking the absolute p...,just glad im keeping everything I've displayed here at WRF..............

I am in total aggrement with you Mate, as before I was fairly hacked off with the ending bid on my M2, I listed it once before for a realistic price, bearing in mind it was an early Front seam with 100% legit heatstamp etc,etc,etc I made it very clear the D bales had been professionally welded on, and the chinstraps as a result were repro etc..guess what not a bite. I then listed it again at a much lower ( sensing where I went wrong already) price and same description and yes it was sold for my initial listing price..apoplectic .

So like yourself I will not even consider selling any of my M1's on ebay, for the money made I might as well take them down to the carboot sale !!!

I watch an awful lot of M1's on ebay on a weekly basis just to get a feel for the market, and I am constantly perplexed by the ending bid's. Awhile back a really decent looking VN era M1 went for £25.00, and in the same week there was a Danish M-48 described as being a VN M1 ( which had a M-81 cover on it ! )which sold for stupid money, I do not get it at all. ??????

Do not get me wrong I do not consider these pieces in purely monetary terms, but let's be honest history should equate to a decent asking price, So yes in summary I think the best investment regarding an M1 is to not sell it, but admire it lovingly safe in the knowledge it is gathering my dust and no-one else's!

Regards Gary.
    Last edited by Opex; 08-19-2014 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Poor grammar

You've said it so beautifully think Im gonna crybut yes If there is a manual on how to win and play fair on ebay then reserve me and oh better make that 2 copies as no doubt your be needing it too Gary...........

?

You've said it so beautifully think Im gonna crybut yes If there is a manual on how to win and play fair on ebay then reserve me and oh better make that 2 copies as no doubt your be needing it too Gary...........

No worries mate, and yes put me down for one them manuals, hey here's an idea why don't we create a "How to win and not frustrate sellers" manual and sell it on ebay...I think it could be this years hot seller !!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4