Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this from NAM?

Article about: man, I found you one for 9.50, it's a rear seam, but they were used in nam too, the other day he had one for 7.50, but I bought one he had for 8.50, because it had the saw dust & cork pi

Default Re: Is this from NAM?

man, I found you one for 9.50, it's a rear seam, but they were used in nam too, the other day he had one for 7.50, but I bought one he had for 8.50, because it had the saw dust & cork pieces on it, got straps last night, now just waiting to win a liner. it's just the shipping is so high to Australia, I don't get that, but thats the post office for you.

these are very common and easy to get over here in the US , the one on ebay missing one of the swivel bales and cut off straps is junk / scrap, I wouldnt buy that one, that one is worth less than $10

the price of shipping to AUS is alot more than the value of the shell

yea i would love to go to USA but a flight alnoe is about 2g so hahaha, and im only 16 so yea.

what do you think of this helmet? i have my suspicions that it isn't US issue because i don't think it is OD paint:
    M 1 Army Helmet - eBay Original Period Items, Korea 1950-53, Militaria, Collectibles. (end time 22-Oct-10 05:17:31 AEDST)

Is this from NAM?Is this from NAM?
    Quote by carlarganda View Post
    yea i would love to go to USA but a flight alnoe is about 2g so hahaha, and im only 16 so yea.

what do you think of this helmet? i have my suspicions that it isn't US issue because i don't think it is OD paint:
    M 1 Army Helmet - eBay Original Period Items, Korea 1950-53, Militaria, Collectibles. (end time 22-Oct-10 05:17:31 AEDST)
    it looks like a US helmet with dark OG paint that was used in the 1980's the type of chin straps are the late clip on style that dates from around 1973 - 1988

the shell is probablly Vietnam era but the straps are post VN war era

Quote by battle gear View Post
    Is this from NAM?Is this from NAM?

it looks like a US helmet with dark OG paint that was used in the 1980's the type of chin straps are the late clip on style that dates from around 1973 - 1988

The shell is probably Vietnam era but the straps are post VN war era
    I think this one has been repainted.

If you can find any piece with swivel bales you should be alright.
    Cloth VN era covers are pretty easy to find as well.

Look for one that is in it's original condition.
    There are plenty out there..................
    Regards,

Steve.

AIF
    ?

Mate hold out until you find a decent one dont just buy the first pos cheap one you come across, I see youre from Brissie why dont you head to the next militaria fair at the R&A? last time I was there (end of last year) a guy has a stack of complete Vietnam Aussie and Yank M1s for $35 each, the next one should be soon, theres actually a nice Aussie nam era one in my local disposals that they want $50 or $60 for

yea thing is i have school so its hard to have spare time, when is it on though? cause ive nearly finished school.

also do you know if the aussies used mitchell covers for their m1 helmets in NAM?

im only used to US stuff, not aussie stuff yet

AIF
    ?

Hi mate, I will findout for you and let you know when its on Its always on a weekend so wont interfere with your school, where abouts in Brissie are you? i could probably even pick up up If its on the way, And no mate the Aussies didnt use the mitchel cover in Nam but they did have there own distinct camo net cover that was brown on one side and green on the other or otherwise I have also seen them use hessian with scrim over the top which was a very common practise, I will see If I can dig one of mine out and show you what I mean

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast