Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Named Fixed Loop Major's Helmet with Hawley Liner

Article about: I picked this one up on ebay. The Hawley is not a mint condition helmet but I like it just the same. It is clearly a matched set. I am sure a few of you saw it. I think the stamp says: Major

Default Named Fixed Loop Major's Helmet with Hawley Liner

I picked this one up on ebay.
    The Hawley is not a mint condition helmet but I like it just the same.
    It is clearly a matched set.
    I am sure a few of you saw it.
    I think the stamp says:

Major Walter S. Jones F.A.

Hq. Wisconsin Military A__

559 Federal Building

Milwaukee Wisconsin

We also found this article from the Ironwood Daily Globe from Ironwood, Michigan
    August 1, 1945 on NEWSPAPER.com

Major Walter Jones, executive officer at the Chicago induction center for the past two years, arrived last night to take command of the Milwaukee induction station. He succeeded Major Edward R. Wagnwr, who died Friday at the station

Hopefully I can find more info on him.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Fixed Loop Major's Helmet with Hawley Liner   Named Fixed Loop Major's Helmet with Hawley Liner  

Named Fixed Loop Major's Helmet with Hawley Liner   Named Fixed Loop Major's Helmet with Hawley Liner  

Named Fixed Loop Major's Helmet with Hawley Liner   Named Fixed Loop Major's Helmet with Hawley Liner  

Named Fixed Loop Major's Helmet with Hawley Liner  

Great score Anton,a one looker of a set,well done to you.............

Looks like a nice set, well done!
    coincidently I have one with a heat stamp 102C, could have been made the same week, you never know. I take it there is dimples on the rim between the bales.
    Best regards
    Rod

SWEET! Definitely a one second one looker from across the street. Nice pick up. Jim G.

Thank you for the kind comments.

Oh, I forgot to post that I identified the Major.

"Major Walter Jones, executive officer at the Chicago induction center for the past two years, arrived last night to take command of the Milwaukee induction station. He succeeded Major Edward R. Wagner, who died Friday at the station."

from the :

Ironwood Daily Globe from Ironwood, Michigan
    August 1, 1945 on NEWSPAPER.com