Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Named ww2 Chaplain m1 helmet

Article about: Here's one more Chaplain helmet I just got in today. The helmet is named to US Army Lt. LeRoy Nattress was served in the Pacific Theater on Sapain and was awarded the Bronze Star and unit ci

?

That is another fantastic pic up Marty. Like mentioned above , to have the Provenance and letter and pic's. A Winner Winner right there.
    A big heart felt Congrats
    I love the camo liner!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Wonderful stuff Marty, and in just the right collection!
    I particularly like the ‘T.S. Card’... it’s the little, ephemeral items like this that are so easily lost, yet give such an insight into a soldier’s life.

Thank you,
    Bob

Great helmet! Interesting that the liner appears to have been issued without factory paint.. I didn't know this occurred.

Bob
    I have gone through all of the letters but everyone from a soldier or from a family member we’re writt to thank him for helping through prayer, or just always being there to help.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by christek View Post
    Great helmet! Interesting that the liner appears to have been issued without factory paint.. I didn't know this occurred.
    Chris,
    You know something, I’ve never noticed the paint missing and that crazy. It’s not common but it does happen.

Marty

Quote by MAP View Post
    As mentioned Marty.

I fine honor for the family to pick you to care for and carry on this gentleman's legacy.

Congrats!

M
    Thanks,
    It is an honor to trusted with her fathers items.

Marty

Another superb helmet and liner. I am for ever in awe of our nations warriors in taking up arms to defeat the enemy. None the less so for those brave men and women who followed the combat and picked up the pieces, whether armed with a first aid kit or a rosary. I salute them all the same.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Another superb helmet and liner. I am for ever in awe of our nations warriors in taking up arms to defeat the enemy. None the less so for those brave men and women who followed the combat and picked up the pieces, whether armed with a first aid kit or a rosary. I salute them all the same.
    Amen, Well spoken words and that’s one of the reasons I admire them so much. When you are on a FOB and the chaplain comes to visit, spirits are lifted, even for a non believer.

Marty

Default Chaplain update

I received more items from the family, Great pictures and information. His Chapel, you can see the Chaplain flag on the building. One picture you can see tanks picture was taken when he was in the field.

One grouping of pictures and letter I received back in July. The letters are late and post war written by family and soldiers that Chaplain Nattress helped.

Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named ww2 Chaplain m1 helmet   Named ww2 Chaplain m1 helmet  

Named ww2 Chaplain m1 helmet   Named ww2 Chaplain m1 helmet  

July items
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named ww2 Chaplain m1 helmet   Named ww2 Chaplain m1 helmet  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast