Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Navy Chaplain helmet

Article about: This helmet was on eBay and did not have very good pictures. The auction ended with no bids. I contacted the seller and we worked out a deal with a return policy. I was in contact with Anton

Default Navy Chaplain helmet

This helmet was on eBay and did not have very good pictures. The auction ended with no bids. I contacted the seller and we worked out a deal with a return policy. I was in contact with Anton and he and I went back and forth about it not being good I got pictures from the seller and the helmet started to look better.
    The helmet was given to a thrift store from a theater group and was painted over with a different color and had 3 cloth stars glued on the front, that is why there is some odd paint in places.
    The helmet has a blue/gray paint and is heavily applied the white is not as bright as it appears and there is wear on the rim and paint lose on the side next to the rim.
    Thought?
    Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy Chaplain helmet   Navy Chaplain helmet  

Navy Chaplain helmet   Navy Chaplain helmet  

Navy Chaplain helmet  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy Chaplain helmet   Navy Chaplain helmet  

There is a stress crack that has separation on the old paint but the over paint I think filled in the crack some.

Navy Chaplain helmet  

Note: I have always wanted a Chaplain helmet. I respect and admire the Chaplain for their faith in any and all situations, helping the physically wounded,helping to heal a wound soul...the list goes on. The Chaplain Corp only had less than 9000 serving during World War 2. If this is a ww2 navy Lt. Chaplain helmet I will be happy.
    Marty

More

Navy Chaplain helmet  

?

Not an expert on these but I do like it! That stress crack is very common on the fixed bails M1's
    What are the heat lot numbers?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Phil,
    Thanks for the postive comment. I will look at the heat stamp this afternoon.
    Marty

I like it but can't say about the authenticity!if period could be naval?but its a nice lid?did the seller know his onions Marty?the reason i ask is chaplin lids are seriously sort after and can be expensive.

Jake,
    On eBay the was asking 500.00 starting price or buy it now 1000.00
    He felt was real and we made a deal with a return policy if I was not happy.

That's the right price for a 100% authentic original chaplin helmet,but ebay being ebay then it's a hell of a risk if by chance its not the real deal,certainly plays with the nerves.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast