Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Navy Chaplain helmet

Article about: This helmet was on eBay and did not have very good pictures. The auction ended with no bids. I contacted the seller and we worked out a deal with a return policy. I was in contact with Anton

That is so true, that's why I asked for a inspection period I just hope he is a man of his word. He has a 100% on eBay with over 8000 sold. But this was outside of eBay. The crack is old you can tell when it cracked the paint you see was on the helmet. There is one spot you can see a spot with no paint and the paint is attached to the other side. The white has that old wear not faked age to me. That is why I am asking for opinions and help I want to be sure.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Personally, I see nothing wrong with it. It looks good to me. Nice pick up.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

William thanks for the thumps up

Jake the heat stamp is 235c

The only thing i can really had which would add a little comfort is the fact that the brush strokes are almost identical as the pattern on my field applied hand brushed ETO which i featured last year.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy Chaplain helmet   Navy Chaplain helmet  

Navy Chaplain helmet   Navy Chaplain helmet  

Hi, these US helmets are not my usual area of collecting, but I will say that from my experience of period painted British MKII helmet insignia's in their many varied levels of "competence", this one looks fine to my eye's. The levels of wear look consistent on the insignia to the rest of the shell, certainly not something that was added "yesterday" to boost value in my opinion. Leon.

Guys so far I have gotten postive feed back which make me feel good about the helmet. I have wanted one for some time but they are always out of my reach when it comes to price. I am always reading about the sleepers on eBay, well maybe I finally got one.
    Marty

Jake is that a Hawley liner in that fine helmet?

Field brushed applied repaint,Fixed Looped with Hawley..

Here you go Marty 100% original ETO Helmet.one of my favourite steel pots.

Nice helmet Marty - good job - you took a chance and it seems to have paid off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2