Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Navy m1 helmet numbers

Article about: Hi! I'm new to the forum. I have an early fixed bail, front seam helmet. Lot number 207c. The liner is inland with unpainted A-washers. I believe the liner to be early as well. The helmet is

Cody thompson
    ?

Default Navy m1 helmet numbers

Hi! I'm new to the forum. I have an early fixed bail, front seam helmet. Lot number 207c. The liner is inland with unpainted A-washers. I believe the liner to be early as well. The helmet is battleship grey with the numbers E 307 painted on the front. Does anybody know what those numbers mean? I've been told it could be the hull number of the ship the helmet was assigned to. If so the USS Finnegan had the hull numbers DE 307. Could it be tied to that ship??? Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Cody sorry I cant help with the shipboard numbering system,but would like to see some pics of the Helmet itself.............

hello, i have one of these navy grey helmets with numbers on it. Mine is a later version from the korean war though. Mine has 3-44 on the back and the only advice I got was the number had to relate to a gunner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy m1 helmet numbers   Navy m1 helmet numbers