Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

In need of assistance

Article about: In need of assistance from someone who has more knowledge then I do, or calibration. I have a front seam, fixed bail M1 helmet, in good condition. lot number 272 (no letter) and 126 (on the

Default In need of assistance

In need of assistance from someone who has more knowledge then I do, or calibration. I have a front seam, fixed bail M1 helmet, in good condition. lot number 272 (no letter) and 126 (on the inside of the brim), and has early war chin strap. The liner is Seaman Paper Co. and in excellent condition as well. Note: the netting and sweatband are reproduction. I was wondering if someone can give me some intel on what exactly I have. I have done some research but a lot of answers (if you know what I mean). this helmet is Depth: 7 in. Width: 9.5 in. Length: 11 in. Helmet shell and liner came together both in OD#3. i've attached photos for you all.

In need of assistanceIn need of assistanceIn need of assistanceIn need of assistance

Looks to be a repainted WWII shell. I cannot see
    any cork texture. Re-enactor lid.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

It is repainted, no cork texture, veteran acquired. I bought it off of eBay...

Hi,best thing is to get rid and stick too authentic totally original ww2 m1 sets,far better and pleasure wise in the long run.............

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You have done a pretty good job of explaining what it is yourself. I would recommend better photos, and lighting, if you want the experts to have a go of telling you 'exactly' what you have. I think Steve is probably on the money here with a reenactment setup shell, or it may be a helmet shell that has been repainted postwar and used in another capacity in the second half of the century. Unfortunately the fact it has a 100% post war repaint takes away much providence about the other accouterments. I have seen repainted fixed bale shells that were used in Vietnam, with VN era liners and chinstraps. This example may have been one, then reset as a WWII setup for reenactment or unfortunately a fraudulent sale. Who knows? I'm afraid the possibilities are endless, and as Jake suggests, not ideal for collecting.

Still a nice display M1 until a better one arises!