Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identifiying vietnam era M1 helmet with odd chinstrap markings

Article about: Hello, I have been collecting m1 helmets for quite a while now and know a little about them but this helmet has me a little confused. The shell appears to be ww2 McCord made (heat stamp # &q

Default Need help identifiying vietnam era M1 helmet with odd chinstrap markings

Hello, I have been collecting m1 helmets for quite a while now and know a little about them but this helmet has me a little confused. The shell appears to be ww2 McCord made (heat stamp # "1159J", late 1944?) which was repainted for Vietnam but the chinstrap clips have a circle stamp on them which I have not seen before. The buckle for the strap does not have an anchor but the black clips do have that circle stamp where an anchor would normally be. I originally thought it was American but maybe not... After searching around, I found a similar symbol on a few Australian made M1's but those had a circle with a dot. Has anyone seen this circle before or know what it means. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifiying vietnam era M1 helmet with odd chinstrap markings   Need help identifiying vietnam era M1 helmet with odd chinstrap markings  

Need help identifiying vietnam era M1 helmet with odd chinstrap markings   Need help identifiying vietnam era M1 helmet with odd chinstrap markings  

Hello,
    As your thread was posted in the wrong forum dedicated to WWII german helmets, i moved it to this one : US M1 steel helmet forum
    Maybe you'll get more infos over here
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Anyone recognise these markings, T1 chinstrap - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum

The same question was asked recently on another forum and without a clear answer. The circle in one of the pictures shows it on a green clip. I believe they’re US but could not tell you who’s the manufacturer. I would like to see the whole strap, it may be my eyes but they look odd.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks for the forum link Marty. Here are some chinstrap pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifiying vietnam era M1 helmet with odd chinstrap markings   Need help identifiying vietnam era M1 helmet with odd chinstrap markings  

Need help identifiying vietnam era M1 helmet with odd chinstrap markings  

Straps are good.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Hi
    I started a similar posting in relation to the same thing on another forum, here’s the link:

Anyone recognise these markings, T1 chinstrap - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum