Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Netted M1'S

Article about: Just a note. No cuddly furry animals were harmed during the making of this thread. However, a green hardware liner strap was destroyed (snapped), so, I am going to go out and seriously harm

Default Re: Netted M1'S

Here's my US made net, I was lucky that the tag was easy to locate in my junk pile

?

Here is reneblacky's and mine for comparison. Now I'm confused.
    Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Netted M1'S   Netted M1'S  

Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Here is reneblacky's and mine for comparison. Now I'm confused.
    Best Regards,

Andy
    Looks the same to me mate. The one I post is an original WW2 US made one, here's another shot
    Last edited by reneblacky; 08-11-2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: added text & photo

I must add- these are a real pain in the arse to put onto the helmet!!!

G'day Andy
    Are your goggles no.1021a?

?

Here's a net made by Dennison of Massachusetts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Netted M1'S   Netted M1'S  

Netted M1'S   Netted M1'S  

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    G'day Andy
    Are your goggles no.1021a?
    The ones in the case are 1021, no A. The ones with red lenses I'm not sure about. I got them as-is.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

That's a nice one tinlid. I forgot about the Dennison one. Didn't they use Brit large square cammo net for the same effect?
    I have always wanted to make one of those hand knotted ones that go around the dome of the helmet and fix to each bale. (I can't find a pic of one.) It looks fiendishly complicated though.

Best Regards,

Andy

Edit: Link here, the photo maybe copyrighted, or I'd grab it. How in heck did they do that?
    U.S. M1 WWII Helmet
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

They look great.
    They really complete the M1 helmet.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

i wished there had been someone who had studied all ww2 type nets and produced a book on it,its very easy to buy what is seen at first glance as ww2 but in fact turns out to be postwar and usually of non-US origin,regards dave.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast