Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Netted M1'S

Article about: Just a note. No cuddly furry animals were harmed during the making of this thread. However, a green hardware liner strap was destroyed (snapped), so, I am going to go out and seriously harm

?

Default Re: Netted M1'S

Just a note. No cuddly furry animals were harmed during the making of this thread. However, a green hardware liner strap was destroyed (snapped), so, I am going to go out and seriously harm some cuddly furry animals until I feel better.

Best Regards,

Clumsy Ham Fisted Prat

Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andy im really enjoying this thread can i say the quality of your m1's is apparent and look really well displayed im wondering if the red lens polaroids are for use by the argentine forces i have seen referance pics of a similar google design personally out of all my lids the m1 has got to be the best for displaying it such a beautifull design if you dont mind i would like too put my 2 cents worth to your great thread and to show my little m1 helmet grouping its a mixture of us m1's top and m1 clones along the bottom thanks jamesNetted M1'SNetted M1'S

?

No probs James, post away buddy.
    The red lenses were American and issued in WW2. I hear what you are saying about the Argentine ones though.
    They were used to adapt your eyes for night vision, and also to look cool on your tank for the French Mademoiselles......

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Netted M1'S  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by col james View Post
    andy im really enjoying this thread can i say the quality of your m1's is apparent and look really well displayed im wondering if the red lens polaroids are for use by the argentine forces i have seen referance pics of a similar google design personally out of all my lids the m1 has got to be the best for displaying it such a beautifull design if you dont mind i would like too put my 2 cents worth to your great thread and to show my little m1 helmet grouping its a mixture of us m1's top and m1 clones along the bottom thanks jamesNetted M1'SNetted M1'S
    Gotta say, james your collection of lids and covers is wonderfull.
    Lucky guy.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

I think the Argentine goggles used "82 are more to the tune of the 44 goggles

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    The ones in the case are 1021, no A. The ones with red lenses I'm not sure about. I got them as-is.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Cheers Andy
    I have the same set and I haven't reference of another

rene i do believe your right about the argie googles being based on the 44 design thinking back to the picture i viewed ,thanks james

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    The ones in the case are 1021, no A. The ones with red lenses I'm not sure about. I got them as-is.

Best Regards,

Andy
    G'day Andy
    here's my set

?

Aha! The mystery of the "A" is solved!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Netted M1'S  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast